Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Bc I’ve seen one swing and he has prolly seen 100s if not thousands.. I mean what’s w the dumb questions P?
The dumb question is asking somebody who thinks highly enough of himself to have a thread talking about what he teaches whether or not his student’s success is due to the mechanics he taught or just due to athleticism..😉

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The dumb question is asking somebody who thinks highly enough of himself to have a thread talking about what he teaches whether or not his student’s success is due to the mechanics he taught or just due to athleticism..

There’s nothing wrong w putting out what you teach. There’s also nothing wrong w having it filed away nicely on a forum. All good.

I asked if it was both.. I wanted confirmation. Is that ok?

And if this is due to mechanics.. can he share his thoughts on what got her where? But if I recall she only been to 2 lessons so that’s a variable right?

Get where I’m going? I want details P. Get it?

Edit: we are discussing his preferences, I’m interested bc I like what I see.

Jun 8, 2016

And if this is due to mechanics.. can he share his thoughts on what got her where? But if I recall she only been to 2 lessons so that’s a variable right?

I commend your intellectual curiosity. 😁

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Impressive. Would this be a mechanics thing or an athletic thing iyo? Or a bit of both? What does she do well iyo?
I would say she is a little above average for her age in being athletic. What she does is a tremendous amount of home work. She loves the game. Her parents send me video in between games to work on a tee between games. They send video hitting in the garage, asking for any adjustments. I give her adjustments and she works on it until its in her swing. Very hard working little girl.

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
There’s nothing wrong w putting out what you teach. There’s also nothing wrong w having it filed away nicely on a forum. All good.

She has been coming two years.
I give lessons every 2 weeks mid September to may in my pole barn. That is about 15 lessons if you make everyone. I do may on the field. So in 2 years probably around 25-30 lessons. These mechanics only work if they do their homework. The ones who play 3 sports and work half as much, takes them longer to get there. The norn is, better the first year, more consistent the 2nd year. Thanks for asking.

SL

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She has been coming two years.
I give lessons every 2 weeks mid September to may in my pole barn. That is about 15 lessons if you make everyone. I do may on the field. So in 2 years probably around 25-30 lessons. These mechanics only work if they do their homework. The ones who play 3 sports and work half as much, takes them longer to get there. The norn is, better the first year, more consistent the 2nd year. Thanks for asking.

SL

Nice blends of hand/body usage. Shows what good work will do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi