Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
95% of girls that start with me are upper body dominate. The load in some way, they step out then start the swing with the shoulders.
All the reason for slow motion practice is to get the hips to lead after step out.
Teaching throwing also helps to better the sequence of hitting.

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

This drill is my go to one for teaching how to hit opposite field. Same bat path. Throwing the barrel away from your body. The one hit/swing where knob goes out over plate....

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

A hand path device I made to have hitter rotate into release, having bat plane in matching shoulder tilt. to feel, staying connected...Have not used this at a lesson in 8-10 years

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
This is being deliberate, controlling the load.

To me this is a poor swing mechanics wise, in slow motion. His sequence is wrong. He loads over top his back leg. He is all back all forward. His upper body flies past his lower half. If this is the swing you like, and teach, more power to you....

The whole reason for a slow motion swing is to work on sequence. My girls use there body in the correct order at full swing from doing the matrix (howards word) or the slow motion swing. Proof is in all my videos...:)

SL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802