Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Agree. But per your other post, this means that 'snapping' before foot down isn't a bad thing because the very best check swings = the stopping of a fully committed/launched swing. You just shut down the engine at the last possible moment, right, and the bat path breaks down hopefully in the rearward arc so you don't get called for a check swing strike out over the plate.
vmBcBp8.gif

gixJZsS.gif

H3xLLGg.gif

Get forward while the hands get/stay back. I think Freeman put the brakes on later than Howard or Yelich in the above.

Marcela threw me a few front toss the other day (I was trying her setup to see how it feels to swing from there) so hopefully that qualifies me to be able to say something.. :p

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Marcela threw me a few front toss the other day (I was trying her setup to see how it feels to swing from there) so hopefully that qualifies me to be able to say something.. :p
and for the record her front toss sucks..😂

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Another long time student, signed freshman in college this year. She is one with super fast hands and sometimes gets her upper body out in front of her lower half.
Always trying to slow her down, get a bit more rhythm, and just start her sequence a bit earlier with the pitcher.

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Change ups.... This is the closest thing I can do to have them wait on a changeup.
I use 2 different size tennis balls. I tell them, I will go slow, you go slow.
I use eeeerr for this drill and all soft toss drills...

SL

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016

Change ups.... This is the closest thing I can do to have them wait on a changeup.
I use 2 different size tennis balls. I tell them, I will go slow, you go slow.
I use eeeerr for this drill and all soft toss drills...

SL

Do you throw front toss to them?

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
P.S., if she is doing something like numbering HR’s on instagram, tell her to knock it off. (I have no idea who the player is. I just know an older player that was setting this example and it created a difficult situation for her later.)
This girl kept a homerun bucket in her room. Her mom told me how many she has hit since starting with me. I spilled the beans. This will be my 8th year with her. She is very humble, a bit shy. I never once her her brag about anything. When they hit a HR. I ask them to send me a picture of there smiling face holding a ball. I also ask if they have a video, like to see if the game swing matches the garage swing.

SL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez