Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I think most don’t see the on and around. The stretch from release into the swing from the lowerbody to the upper body working with/against one another.

She is yes at release, ready to swing.
don't understand your statement. Maybe you can explain it to me....Thanks

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
That’s nice. What does that have to do with what I said….Dad? All I said was that if somebody struck her out you should be fine with the pitcher’s Dad going crazy behind homeplate..

Ummm, I think it’s been awhile since you sat in the bleachers or behind home plate. Our fans go crazy all the time. It’s mostly in good fun, cheering. They cheer for strike outs, HR’s, good play. I think that’s why we play, for fun.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
don't understand your statement. Maybe you can explain it to me....Thanks

Two swings one is a little late.

They both 3D load and stretch. I first called this changing the direction of the knob, the on and around. They are not just loading back and then moving forward, back and forth. They load and stretch, the hands remain back as they turn the valve (a valve that is stationary). Their loading turns into the swing, on and around as you turn the valve/barrel.

Hank said there is some backswing. Walt even said there is a point in the swing where the lower and upper is moving different directions. Epstein tried to sell it as hip/shoulder separation, torque. He had no clue on how teach it (the swing).

On and around is doing in correctly. The scap has rhythm, a circular rhythm. You don’t load and unload, back/forth.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Two swings one is a little late.

They both 3D load and stretch. I first called this changing the direction of the knob, the on and around. They are not just loading back and then moving forward, back and forth. They load and stretch, the hands remain back as they turn the valve (a valve that is stationary). Their loading turns into the swing, on and around as you turn the valve/barrel.

Hank said there is some backswing. Walt even said there is a point in the swing where the lower and upper is moving different directions. Epstein tried to sell it as hip/shoulder separation, torque. He had no clue on how teach it (the swing).

On and around is doing in correctly. The scap has rhythm, a circular rhythm. You don’t load and unload, back/forth.

That is pretty much the swing I teach. Just use drills and different words...:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478