Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
View attachment 26911
Howard (RIP) made this for his parents of students. I am sure he would not mind if I passed this on. Was with him almost 20 years. He lives on...SL

My hitting area: Hope this helps with your set up. Even the net you take to tournaments you can run a rope horizontal 39 and 51 inches up. Set plate or tee 4 1/2 feet away and hit in the zone....My vertical ropes are laid out to drop the ball around 10-15 feet fair down the line if the wind is not blowing.
I am a union carpenter, put everything in with my laser. Got the tools use them...:)

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
vmBcBp8.gif

gixJZsS.gif

H3xLLGg.gif

Get forward while the hands get/stay back. I think Freeman put the brakes on later than Howard or Yelich in the above.

Marcela threw me a few front toss the other day (I was trying her setup to see how it feels to swing from there) so hopefully that qualifies me to be able to say something.. :p

Getting the shift out of the way (fyb) before launch.

16zqGby.gif

HENU1BF.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I think while trying not wrap the ball behind the head (which he already said is a no no) his students do not engage the back/scap. Maybe he could post more throwing. The two, I think, I’ve seen do the goal post thing.

Their not the same as Ichiro.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I think while trying not wrap the ball behind the head (which he already said is a no no) his students do not engage the back/scap. Maybe he could post more throwing. The two, I think, I’ve seen do the goal post thing.

Their not the same as Ichiro.
A college coach told me that the beginning if D1 overhand throwing speed is 60 mph. Most all girls throw in the 50's. I had 4 girls break 60 mph at camps when they were freshmen / sophomores in high school.
Another reason to fix throwing is if they throw behind there head the bat behind there head...
Will post all 4...Some where still in grade school.

SL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619