Tanel (or Other) Cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Ringors are expensive (@$100/pair with the pitching toe), so I would probably not spend the extra money (2-3X some brands) for them if my DD was not a pitcher. I also did not buy her first pair of Ringors until her foot stopped growing. Getting black cleats seems like the safest bet to me. My DD can wear them for TB and HS, and if she changes teams, she is still good to go. I am a cheap SOB, so putting a new pair of Ringors in the 'Goodwill' box because my DD's team was no longer royal blue, would bring a tear to my eye!

Mar 13, 2010
I hear good things about the ones called The Gluv. With

Full disclosure I know the women who sells them in Australia, but as someone who plays in them (shorts) they really are the best brand I've ever worn. Soooooo comfy and durable.

Feb 16, 2012
Several have commented that they outgrow the Ringors before they have to be replaced but how long do they actually last. My DD (pitcher) is going through 2-3 pairs a year because of the toe area and no matter I try she still tears them up. I don't mind spending the extra money up front if they will last a full year or two.

Apr 25, 2010
My 13yo pitcher is on her second year with them, and she got hers second hand from another pitcher who write them for a year then outgrew them.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Several have commented that they outgrow the Ringors before they have to be replaced but how long do they actually last. My DD (pitcher) is going through 2-3 pairs a year because of the toe area and no matter I try she still tears them up. I don't mind spending the extra money up front if they will last a full year or two.

From what I can tell, Ringors with the pitching toe will last pretty much forever. I have four pairs in my garage right now (royal blue) that my girls have outgrown, and aside from being filthy, they are in great shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi