Switching Teams mid tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
20 team unsanctioned event held by large well known org. 14u

This tells you everything about how a tournament can play out. Ordinarily, a player switching teams during a tournament is a huge problem....as in ineligible and the team is disqualified. However, "unsanctioned" means that the TD makes up the rules about everything...often as they go along.

These cash prize tournaments will do nothing but further jack up the drama and cheating already present.

May 29, 2015
The opponent, which happens to be a team from the host organization, notices this and brings it to the attention of the umpires. After a phone call is made, a decision comes down that Org A’s remaining team must forfeit.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion ... Bring that to me as an umpire and I will give you two options:
  • We can continue to play this game and you can take it up with the tournament director.
  • We can stop playing this game and you can take it up with the tournament director. No, the clock doesn't stop while we wait.
Rosters are not my problem or under my authority as an umpire.

Not saying I don't agree that it is wrong, just saying the umpires don't have power over roster issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles