Swing Plane and upright position at contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Move the tee back
Turn back foot in

This looks better - keep at it

tWWCCW.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Learning the sequence from the "feet together, step and hit" drill is relatively easy. From there you take the sequence into the no-stride approach.

Until the sequence is ironed out there will be needless struggles.

May 3, 2014
I make it easy for you.

Coil hip around rear leg
Pull scap into spine
Turn barrel
Tilt hip behind rear leg
Rear leg snaps

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Learning the sequence from the "feet together, step and hit" drill is relatively easy. From there you take the sequence into the no-stride approach.

Can you elaborate on your definition of the sequence for us?

May 12, 2016

Thank you.

I mentioned previously that I love the drill, unfortunately it screwed my daughter up. Because the drill involves taking such a big step, my daughter started to lunge a lot. Not Stone's fault LOL, just doesn't work for my DD. So I'd rather not do it. But please feel free to point out where she's out of sequence

To elaborate, she can do the drill just fine... but when applying to a no stride approach it really screwed her up

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
I make it easy for you.

Coil hip around rear leg
Pull scap into spine
Turn barrel
Tilt hip behind rear leg
Rear leg snaps

Is this the actual sequence or are some of these actions to be started simultaneously. i didn't realize that turning the barrel should occur before uncoliling.. sorry, maybe I am misunderstanding.

Dec 4, 2013
Is this the actual sequence or are some of these actions to be started simultaneously. i didn't realize that turning the barrel should occur before uncoliling.. sorry, maybe I am misunderstanding.

No uncoiling......After the hip coils it never uncoils.....The rear leg turns the coiled hip towards the pitcher....

The rear hip coils, slips behind the femur (lateral tilt), the rear leg turns the whole assembly.....If that rear hip uncoils you lost the resistance that you have created. You may have heard of it referred to as "bleeding the coil or bleeding the corner".......

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Right now to ME your DD's elbow is turning the barrel. What might help is your DD needs to 'load' with her hands and not with her hands,arms/shoulder as a unit. Right now when your DD goes it's, rear side, is all turning at the safe time. I'd try not as wide as a stance also.
Kemp-Matt-2011-Side.gif

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Right now to ME your DD's elbow is turning the barrel. What might help is your DD needs to 'load' with her hands and not with her hands,arms/shoulder as a unit. Right now when your DD goes it's, rear side, is all turning at the safe time. I'd try not as wide as a stance also.
Kemp-Matt-2011-Side.gif

Thanks, I will try load with her hands...also I was wondering about her stance, it seems to get wider and wider.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06