Swing Plane and upright position at contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Swing from yesterday..
[video]https://youtu.be/16DbaFP85vk[/video]

I know sequence is still off.. I like to address her "squishing the bug" and extension. Thoughts?

On a very very positive note.. She was able to recognize and react to a really good change up in last nights game. One she was able to check her swing on a change up that started in the strike zone but dropped out...really great pitch by the pitcher, and two she was able to get a piece of another great change up, awkward swing, but she was fooled and adapted enough to get a piece. This is new for her, guaranteed strikeout in the past.

Here is what I would do:

Have her choke up to the top of the tape on the handle.
Use a handset where the knob of the bat is pointed down at the catchers knees
Clamp the scap back
Turn the handle as fast as she can so that if an imaginary laser was coming out of the knob of the bat it would slice right through the ball.
Use your forearms and hands only to do this.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks Butter and RD. I want to be able to identify this as well. What do I need to look for. I posted a video of Pujois below...it seems like his elbow drops as well, I am not seeing his hands rotating the barrel initially.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye18rV5chnY

I am not being argumentative, just need to know how to identify so I can correct it myself.

Just an opinion mind you .... but I believe you are going to learn the hard way about the importance of getting the lower body correct first.

The importance of the getting the base correct, so that it may be tapped into, is huge.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The break down is in bottom hand wrist angle and direction when She launches.

This is one of the breakdowns IMO.

Getting a stretch across the core/midsection is of little use if that 'connection' doesn't reach back to the bottom hand ... which isn't happening for this young girl at this point in time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles