Swing Plane and upright position at contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The first person that comes to mind is Pujols. He seems to have more wrist extension in the bottom wrist than most. I believe that's what it's called. When I try it myself I come to a conclusion that it may help a hitter from collapsing the lead arm but I am just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't consider this as ' palms facing each other during the initial hand set'. Facing away from each other, yes. I think the gif shows what you meant when you said palms 'facing' each other.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
OK. I see what you are saying as far as 'facing' each other. I had a different picture of facing each other.
This might help.
How to Grip a Bat. Door Knocking Knuckles, Big Knuckles, or Rings?
I'm on the same page as FFS with this not being 'palm up palm down':
bottomhandnotpalmdownxxx.jpg

Yes sorry poor choice of wording on my part.
No all good...Maybe I'm to literal in my thinking....Not trying to change the subject but, trying to give the reason for the way I answered.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The first person that comes to mind is Pujols. He seems to have more wrist extension in the bottom wrist than most. I believe that's what it's called. When I try it myself I come to a conclusion that it may help a hitter from collapsing the lead arm but I am just thinking out loud.

Yes, Pujols is one of those that believes in aligning the door knocking knuckles between the top-hand and bottom-hand.

In my opinion he's in the minority in that regard ... when comparing that attribute to other pros.

I personally don't like it and have written about it fairly extensively here at DFP.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
OK. I see what you are saying as far as 'facing' each other. I had a different picture of facing each other.
This might help.
How to Grip a Bat. Door Knocking Knuckles, Big Knuckles, or Rings?
I'm on the same page as FFS with this not being 'palm up palm down':
bottomhandnotpalmdownxxx.jpg

No all good...Maybe I'm to literal in my thinking....Not trying to change the subject but, trying to give the reason for the way I answered.

I definitely agree with the picture not being palm up palm down. I do not believe that contact should be made with palm up palm down. Pujols does do it quite often but to me he hits the ball deeper in the zone than a lot of hitters.
0ac6ed3fb4a8cfbc8b132721cb80043d.png

I believe that the hands should be starting to roll at the contact point but I am always trying to understand things better.

May 12, 2016
Latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHWTZz9wV4g

I think she does a better job in this one of swinging with her back instead lunging a swinging with her shoulders. Still a ways to go, but I think she is improving.

A couple of questions;
1. She has a no stride approach, however do you think her stance is too wide?

I am going to continue on working turning the barrel.. I am trying to add a little at a time to try and not confuse her, any suggestions would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06