Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Here a closer look at the lower body starting, and some pretty good early batspeed at 37.9 mph in the last frame.

giphy.gif
You are still wanting to get taller. Keep you butt against the wall. Keep your spine angle. Chest over the plate. Stay in your posture!

May 12, 2016
You are still wanting to get taller. Keep you butt against the wall. Keep your spine angle. Chest over the plate. Stay in your posture!
Posture was better in this swing then some other ones, but I agree with RH. Shawn there is a reason why I have been saying the same thing to you in regards to posture throughout this thread. My DD was plagued with this throughout her career. Part of the problem was rear foot (if the space between your feet grows smaller prior to contact, you get taller), but IMO her biggest problem was emphasis on working the front shoulder up, it caused her to her to come out of her posture. IMO, anchor the back foot, maintain your posture, let the shoulders rotate around a stationary head instead of jutting the front shoulder up.

May 12, 2016
This guy has so many videos discussing posture, this thread is littered with them.. but Shawn doesn't like me... would you like me better if I told you he talks a lot about turning behind the ball.. :) LOLLOL.Watch how he explains to the hitter how he gets to the pitch. Because he didn't maintain posture it resulted in a push swing. Now you are not that extreme in your swing.. but it's a good visual of all the things that go wrong when posture is not maintained.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Julray,

No I listen to you. Just trying to do too much at the same time with limited resources. Now that I have my net I can do more.

I do need to address my posture and getting onto my front leg and standing up. I need to work on maintaining posture and the swing plane.

I think in this swing I did address it in the swing I reposted. The swing itself was way to high.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Posture was better in this swing then some other ones, but I agree with RH. Shawn there is a reason why I have been saying the same thing to you in regards to posture throughout this thread. My DD was plagued with this throughout her career. Part of the problem was rear foot (if the space between your feet grows smaller prior to contact, you get taller), but IMO her biggest problem was emphasis on working the front shoulder up, it caused her to her to come out of her posture. IMO, anchor the back foot, maintain your posture, let the shoulders rotate around a stationary head instead of jutting the front shoulder up.
replace head with spine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah