Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Lookin good Shawn!

To me it looks like the hands are getting left behind a little bit at first. Check out swing 2 in post 1 vs todays.

Since I can't work with my kids and I'm avoiding human contact. I thought I would start my own swing experiment. My left foot is still sore from a sprang so as soon as it gets better I plan on exercising and losing a ton of weight. While I venture into being physically in shape, I thought I would swing a bat along the way and see what does and doesn't work. I'm carrying a lot of weight so it is going to effect my swings and I'm not in shape either. This is going to take some time, perhaps a 1 yr, I'll strive for making changes faster. Although it took my a long time to put the weight on and it will take some time to take it off and getting the core back in shape.

What do you think is the difference between these two swings?

swing 1

giphy.gif

swing 2

giphy.gif

Don't be shy, I know it's not pretty, lol.

Aug 20, 2017

This was one of the better ones, except the batspeed is very low. I was rehearsing the lower body and scap pinch before the swing and trying to take the hands directly to the ball. It caused my batspeed to drop 10 mph.

Still no forward advance. It’s hard to create resistance when the belly button doesn’t move forward

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020

This was one of the better ones, except the batspeed is very low. I was rehearsing the lower body and scap pinch before the swing and trying to take the hands directly to the ball. It caused my batspeed to drop 10 mph.

Thanks for the post and all your good work.

IMHO

• Hands going to ball instead of to pitcher is causing your bat to wrap around ball not through it
  • Hands appear to be doing a lot of work and very tense.
    • Flexion in wrists (aka the chop) is gone immediately during launch
    • Dominate eye not able to go down to contact zone as head continually rotates. From tension in lower hand at start of swing.
    • Wrists are starting to roll over before contact instead of after extension to pitcher. EDIT Can come from hands being very tight.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413