Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Your doing a great job IMO especially in understanding the difference between other ways of swinging

The question is, is my back leg pulling the upper body through (torso/upper torso) in this swing?

Do I need to step back and just swing with my natural rhythm I have in my hip/lower body and hands/upper body. That shimmy I have and have always had if I‘m just swinging.

Jun 8, 2016
Do I need to step back and just swing with my natural rhythm I have in my hip/lower body and hands/upper body. That shimmy I have and have always had if I‘m just swinging.
Yes, keep the Miggy shuffle. Work from there. One of the biggest thing that bothers me watching 10 to 12 YO hit is 3/4 of them stand up there stiff as a board..a bomb could go off over the shoulder and they wouldn't move.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here a closer look at the lower body starting, and some pretty good early batspeed at 37.9 mph in the last frame.

giphy.gif

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Posting my swing this weekend..DD isn't playing anymore but I'm getting the bownet out in the backyard and taking a few cuts. Shawn it will give you a chance to criticize me for a change..lol
I'll join the crowd as well. I had some original swings from last year i wanted to post but cannot find them. Shawn is an inspiration. I have a Blast as well so should be able to give a similar feel.

Feb 25, 2020
Shawn. Struggling is the best reason to take swings yourself. Makes you a better coach. If it's tough for you, imagine how hard it is for a young girl with a fraction of the knowledge and body awareness. Plus youll have been down these roads and might be able to save players months/years/careers of anguish.

As Big Tom Edison said, you haven't failed, you've just found what doesn't work(for you).

Keep trying stuff.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
To me it looks like weight is getting off the back leg and rotating both hips

I agree, although I’m not just shifting weight across my pelvis and onto my front leg and then standing up coming out of my posture. My back foot isn’t skipping forward as well. I think I’m doing a better job of hitting against the front leg.

I think if I take this swing and tweak it, I might see some progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877