Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don’t think it’s that far forward. I think I’ll try to close the gap next time , try to force myself to TTB behind me. Try to force TTB rearward, instead of pushing and turning the barrel out front. Shrink the hand path, or the distance. Force a change.

Maybe the camera angle is fooling me. The bottom of the bag looks like it's about even with your front foot, but your contact point is a bit further forward than that. I agree with experimenting with a deeper contact point. Force your body to tighten up your pivot so the barrel is turning deeper. One of the checkpoints I look for is the barrel getting aligned (or close to it) with the lead forearm at contact. Pushing hands and late barrel acceleration will often lead to a lack of barrel-forearm alignment.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Pattar,

I don't know how I did it, I didn't change anything although I recorded today at 60 fps. I have a fast and slower swing for you today. You can see the blurring of the barrel and I need to adjust the camera better, cutting a little of the barrel off in the stance and pre-swing.

There are a few things I like better in this swing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Is my swing regressing? Is this swing better then my latter swings where I’m loading up more? Things that make you go ummm. This looks a lot better as far as being relaxed.

May 12, 2016
Is my swing regressing? Is this swing better then my latter swings where I’m loading up more? Things that make you go ummm. This looks a lot better as far as being relaxed.
The older swing looks better.. every since you started focusing on being 1 legged and TTB your swing has regressed... LOL. Seriously though, liked the way you didn't give up the back foot in these swings and much better posture

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Progress is not always steady steps forward. Sometimes we must break things in order to put them together the right way.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm thinking, I'm doing everything naturally and trying to hard in the newer swings, over-kill. My batspeed is even higher without trying to kill the ball.

Seriously this swing looks pretty good. The swing looks way more natural and easy.

Apr 11, 2015
Shawn, the swing does look pretty good...given its context. By that I mean that you're swinging at a stationary object, and all of your timing/power is manufactured for the numbers on the right, instead of what you'd do differently if the goal was hitting a moving ball with a moving bat most accurately, and with the most power.

IOWs, as you mentioned, you're, "trying too hard in the newer swings, over-kill", as your focus is on the stationary bag only, and not at all on a moving ball which you'd then also have introduce timing into the equation...which can oftentimes dramatically change ones swing(s).

May 12, 2016
Posting my swing this weekend..DD isn't playing anymore but I'm getting the bownet out in the backyard and taking a few cuts. Shawn it will give you a chance to criticize me for a change..lol

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m limited to a stationary ball target right now, waiting for my net and tee to arrive.

I think there are things that can be improved in thIs swing. I think it is good swing to look at to not over bake what I’m trying to improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi