Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Ray is it swing down to or force ttb ? I still swing live to verify what I teach and what I see..
And you see a bunch of pros on deck or warming up on the front foot swinging down...that kind of thinking has been holding hitting back for years...

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Where are all of your matchers? See, the problem remains is that you can't see the pattern bc....here it comes....you have never felt it. And there is NOTHING you can say that will convince me otherwise. I have tried the other stuff. It doesn't compare. It's nice and it will work in HS maybe, but it's not what the greats do.

Ray, you know I have played and coached at the DII level.. Again Rich's stuff works but not a match..

XRu9Pmv.gif

Does hitting position mean anything to you ? We know Rich doesn't get it or maybe it's a high school thing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
And you see a bunch of pros on deck or warming up on the front foot swinging down...that kind of thinking has been holding hitting back for years...

Sorry, I did a terrible job trying to help you understand fyb and the hitting position caused by the core actions..

May 12, 2016
and the people who think TTB just happens are the same one's still searching...
And people who think they know more than the best hitters in the game are lost and arrogant . You keep listening to Rich, I’ll keep listening to Trout, Arod, Pujois, Freeman, Yelich, Bonds etc etc etc

edit* I just read your previous post, educate yourself with posture, tilt and FYB, then maybe you will understand what “down to” means and why the pros do it on every swing. TTB is bandaid fix and it might work for some players, but it’s not what the best hitters in the world do

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’ll start with these...

Same pitch location. Same timing element.

match?

No hip stoppage for AJ like BB

No shoulder stoppage for AJ like BB

No pelvic tilt for AJ like BB

AJs barrel path is quite a bit longer also

AJ ‘snaps’ early while BB ‘snaps’ at contact

Just a few observations. Have a good night Butter.