Spring weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Il Softball Fan, what are the chances of us playing tomorrow? Our diamond was covered in water today.

We are canceled up north today mostly due to wind. Couple years ago our grounds guy and the coaches put in a limestone surface on top of tons of drainage. It’s a little bitey to slide on, it rips pants, it’s hard and we get some funny bounces but is getting better and water is NEVER a problem. We get more early games in. Huge bonus to get in early games and practice when the “nicer” surfaces are unplayable.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We played this morning. It was sprinkling during most of the game and then, it started raining. The game was stopped in the 7th inning. I give Ill Softball Fan's team's ground crew credit. They had to have put in a lot of time to get that diamond ready for us to start the game.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We have had an unusually wet spring in East TN also. Not all, but several of the schools in our area have tarps for our fields. The tarps save us from a lot of rainouts.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Il Softball Fan, what are the chances of us playing tomorrow? Our diamond was covered in water today.

Sorry didn't see this until this morning. I don't really look at the internet at all unless I am at work.:D Field was not too bad at all if the rain would have stayed away. With the forecast the way it was I am surprised that coach didn't call it off that morning. DD said all the girls were cold and wet and just wanted to get it over with.

Oct 3, 2009
DD's team has been pretty lucky getting in games so far this year in Ohio. But [MENTION=14193]TMD[/MENTION] there is snow on the ground now in Gambier so the DH tomorrow might be in jeopardy! :)

Andy

May 22, 2015
Illinois
We woke up to a little snow this morning too. April snows are pretty rare for here but here we are lol. I think our local HS has only gotten 4 games in so far. The 14U travel team DD is playing with now has had 1 outdoor practice all of March.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
DD's team has been pretty lucky getting in games so far this year in Ohio. But [MENTION=14193]TMD[/MENTION] there is snow on the ground now in Gambier so the DH tomorrow might be in jeopardy! :)

Andy

I think our DH is Wednesday...but between today's snow and tomorrow's rain, it still may not matter.

Oct 3, 2009
I think our DH is Wednesday...but between today's snow and tomorrow's rain, it still may not matter.

You are correct. You would think I could read a softball schedule by now but....apparently NOT. :)

Andy

Apr 16, 2013
Today and tomorrow low 80's, this weekend for one of the biggest tournaments all season? Rain and a high of 50 with lows in the mid 30's. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles