should we say something to coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2019
I guess it depends on what level of travel ball the team is playing. If you are playing the highest level "A" ball (or whatever people call it), then that's kind of the nature of the beast. If you are playing lower level, then I think that seems like a lot. Sixty games is like what, 10-12 tournaments?

I live an hour and a half from a 31 field complex, and I think we have only played there three times. The last time was in 12U. The travel certainly does wear on you; mentally, physically, and monetarily. Looking back, I wish we would have played a little less and put that travel money into the college fund.

May 6, 2015
We will probably pass 75 games for spring summer, currently at 69 heading into elimination at myrtle, with another one day to go.

Most were fairly local, only myrtle and one other required hotels.

Mar 6, 2016
yeah, we all joked we should have just played a 4 team round robin and saved a ton of money

THIS 👆 is one of my pet peeves about TB. My oldest DD team a few years ago did this and my youngest DD team she was just on did this..and for the life of me I cannot understand the point of it.

WHY go play in a random low level tournament a couple hours away on crappy fields for a "3 or 4 GG" and pay triple the amount of money in what really just feels like friendlies two hours away? I mean, the teams are all spread out at random fields it literally just feels like a friendly. Just schedule some games locally for much less $$. I understand that you want the girls/team to play tournaments to get the feel of a bit more "pressure" or the higher level of play, but ya gotta pick the RIGHT tournaments for that. Otherwise, the "tournament" is just a over priced set of regular games.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478