Sponsored team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
We should be sponsored by DeMarini. 12 girls and about $7,800 worth of bats! We are keeping them in business, the least they could do is cut us a break on CF7's!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Is it all free? Because, I have been told that all you get is a discount.

As far as I know, we only pay dues which cover tournament/showcase fees. I really do not know how they did it except that they (the coaches) have been around for a long time, and both coaches have coached high quality teams and may have had that relationship already established with the sponsors. Other than that, I have no clue...just extremely grateful.

On sidenote, we are paying out the a$$ in travel expenses. Plans are to go to Colorado, Chicago, Oklahoma and California in just the month of July alone. DD may have to go solo because neither DH or I have the PTO to take a month off.

Mar 26, 2013
Only a few top-level teams/coaches can get that type of package for free without other teams in the org being required to buy their equipment (with a discount).

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
That sounds like a great package. DDs org has had Worth and Easton sponsorship that amounted to discounts on product. DD picked up an nice little Worth infield glove for about 60% of the lower internet prices. The Easton bat discounts amount to tax on the Mako.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's team gets the Worth bats and I think perhaps the batting gloves and bat bags. They aren't yet at such an elevated level where they would get Worth gloves too. They do have to wear Worth uniforms, which comes out of the team budget. However they get Worth and Rawlings stuff at a good discount, so they're getting nice uniforms for what they spend. In addition to always dressing in Worth, they can only swing Worth bats. Coach won't even let them have another brand in their bag.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Wow, that's a great deal, if true. Our 5 team org is sponsored by LS and we only got a discount (no freebies). It was a healthy discount, though, so I'm truly grateful for their generosity. Especially considering we are a young organization.

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
Is there any way you could tell them that you have 14 catchers on the team all of a sudden? I'll send you DD's sizes.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Had an offer by a Worth rep that was my local guys buddy, I guess they'd worked with each other for years. It was two years ago that he offered to provide us $1500 worth of equipment. It was supposed to be a few bats, 12 helmets and a few dozen balls (plus a hefty discount on uniforms) All I had to do is hang up a worth sponsorship banner at our tournaments. But, it kept getting delayed for one reason or another and then eventually it turned into "sorry".
I guess in order to get one of these sponsorships to fly, is to be a national powerhouse, or know somebody who knows somebody who owes somebody a favor that's friends with somebody who served in Afghanistan with a guy that's now the rep at Louisville Slugger. And its that simple!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd