is it really necessary?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
but it begs a good question, make certain if you are part of large org, your team is not there mostly just to fund the older/more prestigious teams. seen this happen in multiple orgs multiple sports.
Agreed. I am not privy to what the finances look like for the 14U/16U/18U teams that play in PGF Nationals so I have no idea how much of my coin they are getting. To be honest the way I see our monthly org fees (50 bucks) is that they let me use the indoor facility whenever I want so it is like I am paying to hit/field (in the winter) at a private facility. Everything else we pay goes to tournaments/uniforms/stupid stuff (e.g. matching t-shirts for Nationals...grrrr).

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Funny thing, I was on board with everybody matching and looking great...until last night. I typically stay out of writing the checks because my wife takes care of the finances and I'm oblivious to how much "things" cost. So, this past weekend, my wife and daughter went to her team fitting. They came home and I never asked how it went or questioned how much we spent. Well, I over heard my wife at dinner last night talking to a friend that the clothing package cost $485! I about lost my mind!! 5 Jerseys, 3 pairs of pants, 3 belts, 3 socks, bat bag, helmet, cleats.

WHO NEEDS ALL THIS??????

I swear we are making everybody rich so my daughter can play softball!

5 jerseys is pushing it but I am all for a minimum of 3 full uni's. With three and four day showcases it is nice to be able to avoid washing if possible or only doing it once.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Agreed. I am not privy to what the finances look like for the 14U/16U/18U teams that play in PGF Nationals so I have no idea how much of my coin they are getting. To be honest the way I see our monthly org fees (50 bucks) is that they let me use the indoor facility whenever I want so it is like I am paying to hit/field (in the winter) at a private facility. Everything else we pay goes to tournaments/uniforms/stupid stuff (e.g. matching t-shirts for Nationals...grrrr).

We get an itemized list from our coach breaking down the finances. Our total for the fall will be $597. The covers tourneys, field rental, coach, and his hotels (Not a parent). TO me that is reasonable for top team. Summer is about four times that but at the same time we will play more tourneys and the showcases costs are higher as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619