Team gear: MIZUNO only!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hey, did they say WHERE she has to buy a Mizuno bat? I can think of someone who might be able to sell one for a decent price... ^^^^^^^^

I have a friend who plays with another team in this org. He was told that he was free to shop for better pricing. However, I don't know consistent that is across the org.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hey, did they say WHERE she has to buy a Mizuno bat? I can think of someone who might be able to sell one for a decent price... ^^^^^^^^

Actually HC was really cool about it all. There was no specific place where we needed to buy the gear (outside of uniform) from. Like I mentioned DD already has a number of Mizuno items that we don't have to purchase, it just happens the more expensive gear is catching gear and bat are not Mizuno and are fairly new. Like mentioned in earlier my earlier reply DD has not committed to a team yet so there probably could be some leeway as far as what's mandatory but for now I don't know. I've been eye balling the Whiteout 2 bats for now just in case. I see them around in the $100 range. I'm not too familiar with them and what concerns me more is I never see anyone use them lol. I see the older whiteout bats around which I understand that they are good bats but nothing on the Whiteout 2. We'll, one more week of this tryout stuff and hopefully we'll be done for a while.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
You could always Re-label her current gear :) Sew a Mizuno Logo over the one on her chest protector, and/or remove the MFG logo on the helmet and leg guards. Like the socks, if it isn't visible, should be good right? Just a thought.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I could deal with a lot of the equipment but I would have a hard time convincing my DD to change gear. To me if you are comfortable and confident in your gear you play better.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would LOVE to know all the details of this "sponsorship" than what is being told...haha. You have to get
all the gear and pay for it yourself and buy anywhere but has to be Mizuno. Why even have this sponsorship if somebody isn't getting something out of it...hmmm.

I have always said, If you aren't giving me a bat, I am swinging what I like. No way I am buying a bat I don't want just
to give somebody a kickback.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00