some people need some real issues to deal with

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
actually, most of my parents are pretty good (but this is rec, not Travel, so not so much worried about PT). could always use more help, but overall I have been blessed for the most part.. I had one who him and his son during practice at local HS one day combed the bushes on the border of the field for balls, proudly presented me with about a dozen or so balls for my team. hated to tell them i could not use them (they were 12s, using 11s in our 10u division), but I did pass them on to my older DDs coach, and thanked him.

always one or two crazies though. like the parent a couple of years ago who when I sent her daughter to her to remove her earrings prior to game, told her it was fine to leave them in (gotta deal with her again this year, not on my team, her older DD plays with my older DD this year). or the parents who insisted their 7 yr old and 5 yr old play together on coach pitch, anytime 5 yo was sitting in dugout (I had 14), she filled all the players helmets with sand. was not ready for coach pitch.

will I be banned from DFP because I complimented parents? ;)

Feb 25, 2016
I wish I had printed 1-29 and just assigned numbers instead of letting them choose. Some changed their numbers and some switched. One girl who wanted to join 2 months late said she'd only join if she got a specific number.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
So what I don't get is if you have the paperwork that says their first choice was A why is there even a discussion? Filling out paperwork accurately is a valuable lesson for all at every age. If you agree to a loan and sign the paperwork saying you'll pay 12% interest you can't just call up later and say you want to pay 2% instead.

A verbal request isn't worth the paper it's not printed on.

May 6, 2015
it gets even better. team photos last night, I ask everyone to be there a little early, as I had picked up the socks after out previous practice (league only provides jersey and visor)(was supposed to have a practice since I had socks, rained out), and I had not seen a couple of girls since I got unis (including this player). I get there, this mom and DD are there along with one other family (felt for this mom, she was there from 5 PM to 9 PM, four different kids in league, teams are assigned time for team photo). I set down my bag of stuff (my own DD shirts & visors, couple of jerseys and visors for my team, my team shirt, socks for entire team) by the other family sitting at table near the door (I saw them first, certain this mom felt I was slighting them). girl comes up to me, I give her the socks, visor, and jersey (haven't seen the girl in like two weeks) and socks, she checks number, can see she is not thrilled, mom comes over, and she notices my DD and another player in black pants, here DD is wearing gray. She spouts off on she didn't know we were doing black, her DD will look stupid/riduculous (cannot remember which she said). I simply say I was pretty sure I had said black pants in an email. Goes off to help daughter with socks, and mutters she is about done with "this team".

my $0.02

a-I am fairly certain she must have been talking to her daughter about # situation, cause most kids, unless someone is in there ear, would not have even checked first thing, and it would not be such a big deal.

b-I checked this morning, sent same email to everyone early on, with a few lines about equipment (ie to let everyone know they must have a glove, provide their own pants, can use own helmet or league provided helmets, cleats reccommended not required, etc.), and color of pants (black) was mentioned. and if you are uncertain, why not ask? others did, and I told them we were doing black (softball/baseball pants or sweats, I did not care). Also, this is same mom I had to call at least twice to get a return phone call when I called to let her know her DD was on my team, and never responded to any of my requests in first few communications for everyone to acknowledge (just so I know I have all cell #s and emails correct). And I honestly could care less what color pants they wear, it was simply a reccommendation/request, kid was not kept out of photo for having different color pants, will not be penalized if she wears gray pants to game, etc.

my DW (a littel volatile sometimes) is ready to rip this woman's head off next time she sees her. I just smile and move on, I got a whole team to run, can't slow down to coddle or argue with one batshit crazy parent.

gonna advise division rep at BOD meeting tonite, fill her in on everything so far, just as a heads up.

May 13, 2012
my DW (a littel volatile sometimes) is ready to rip this woman's head off next time she sees her.

My DW is very calm with a mile long fuse. But when she gets the to point above is when I grab a coke to drink and turn her loose. The show is great and 99 out of a 100 my problem goes away and life returns to normal. Always keep umbrella handy for residual splatter ��

Nov 29, 2009
my DW (a littel volatile sometimes) is ready to rip this woman's head off next time she sees her. I just smile and move on, I got a whole team to run, can't slow down to coddle or argue with one batshit crazy parent.

You have the right mindset. Treat them all the same. Send everything out in a team email and keep a copy on your phone if you can. You may want to BCC the Division Rep to keep them in the loop with ANY communications with the mom. It sounds like mom is truly a PITA to deal with. Don't put up with her BS by caving in. She will always be the victim of some type of plot against her or her daughter in her mind.

Unfortunately for the daughter. If the mom keeps this crap up her reputation will precede her and no future coaches will want to have her daughter on their team.

Good Luck!! It sounds like you're going to need it.

May 6, 2015
I didn't and have no plans on caving in (nothing to cave to really, just her being PO'ed at this point, unis are handed out, OD is set for Sat weather permitting (possible rain mixed with snow!)) I just made no comment at all and moved on. I find if you engage that kind of behaviour , it is what they want.

Also, DW noted that at the few practices DW has been to, this lady sits way off to herself, rolls eyes and huffs and puffs a lot, like we are all bunch of idiots (my DW discussed pants and socks with parents at a practice as well). have not seen the girl at practice in over two weeks (although first two practices after I recieved unis were cancelled by rain to be fair). really wondering if they are so mad they are not going to play?

Also, additional point of view came into my mind last night. this lady apparently wants to (or more accurately wants ME to) deliberately force a girl to not have number she thought she was given, because I accidentily (whether she believes it or not) gave here daughter wrong number. Then she does not read email (sent as soon as I had all their emails to all the parents) where I said black pants, never asked about color of pants, and is mad at me because her daughter was the only one in gray pants for pictures. she is also one of just a few that never acknowledged getting my texts or emails, even after I specifically asked them to, just so I could be certain everyone was getting them. only was certain when they showed up at first practice.

I almost felt like telling her flat out to go the sports store we get our unis from, order and pay herself for a new jersey, and I will deal with issue of two of the same number on team (it is little league minors, I think other scorekeepers will generally be OK with it)

Nov 25, 2015
The Frozen Tundra
I think most email systems are this way. But mine lets me know within a minute if a email did not go through. saved my butt a couple of times when parents said I did not send a email about something and I can then prove that their service received it. Then I always get the "must of went to the spam file" while all other emails went right to main folder.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I could be wrong, but I believe many email systems are this way. Just need to go to the settings and find out how to turn on the notification when the email was received or opened by the recipient. I forgot how I did it for yahoo and I haven't done it for gmail yet since I rarely use that account.

May 6, 2015
I know the email address works and she checks it, she has replied to other emails I sent. no excuse there, and even if she did not get it, I never said gray pants, if she was unsure, why not ask? couple other parents did, and I told them. no biggie. think she was just looking for things to be upset about.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball