Softball Christmas ideas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I think a batting tee and net are two absolute essentials. Also essential, in my opinion, is a bucket of balls.
Absolutely! She can go out and pitch into the net or hit into the net on her own. I have a Juggs pop-up net that is great except my kids can't operate it , so they can't use it if I'm not around. http://www.amazon.com/Jugs-S0100-Instant-Screen/dp/B001CF4Z26

re: the Nook- a woman in work told me they have one and unlike the Kindle, the Nook can work like an iPad. Not to say it would replace an iPad but they have a lot in common.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
Quincy, glad to see you like the Louisville Slugger Blue Flame, I just got one on a sweet Black Friday deal on Amazon.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
re: the Nook- a woman in work told me they have one and unlike the Kindle, the Nook can work like an iPad. Not to say it would replace an iPad but they have a lot in common.

Depends on the nook. If it's the nook color then you are correct. However, you are pretty much limited to the Barne's and Noble App market. Any of the nooks are wi-fi capable and come with an internet browser. They aren't the fastest things in the computer world but they are much cheaper than the ipad and Samsung Galaxy.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
We've been using our UPM Blue Flame for the last couple weeks. It is better than advertised. Exceptional speed, accuracy and control. For $130, no brainer. Have to admit I think the grown ups have been having more fun with it than the kids. Turning up to 11 and seeing what you can do is tons of fun.

Sep 26, 2011
Hey Axe...that's good to hear. I just bought a used UPM Blue Flame on craigslist. Now I just need the spring to get here. I haven't ried it yet. In the northeast we don't always get to play with our new toys right away. I want to get a Bat Jack for my daughter also, but I can't afford a divorce attorney when my wife sees yet another softball item on the credit card.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish