So the LL coach kicked this young man off of the team.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I just got this message from one of my girl's mothers.

"So Isaiah's coach kicked him off his team today because he was "worried about his safety" but basically Isaiah wasn't good enough for his team. Then he sends me an email after the fact saying "sorry it was just obvious that he didn't have the skill set needed to be on our team and didn't seem to understand what was going on with his teammates"

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Regarding the Mission of Little League:

Through proper guidance and exemplary leadership, the Little League program assists children in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork and physical well-being. By espousing the virtues of character, courage and loyalty, the Little League Baseball and Softball program is designed to develop superior citizens rather than superior athletes.

This guy should be removed as a LL coach. What age group? Not that it matters.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The girls must be 10 and 12, and he is younger. I have written back and volunteered my time. I am just furious with this so called coach. The boy in question is very quiet and tiny. He has been made fun of in school - and now this.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Was he placed on a lower level team? He sure didn't handle it well. In our LL it has to go through the VP and players agent before anything is done.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I just got this message from one of my girl's mothers.

"So Isaiah's coach kicked him off his team today because he was "worried about his safety" but basically Isaiah wasn't good enough for his team. Then he sends me an email after the fact saying "sorry it was just obvious that he didn't have the skill set needed to be on our team and didn't seem to understand what was going on with his teammates"

How can a LL coach kick a kid off a team, doesn't something like that have to go through the board and the player rep. LL doesn't give coaches unilateral authority like that.

Oct 25, 2009
Not sure of all the details in this situation, but I have seen kids who were definitely at risk of serious injury due to a great disparity in skills.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I know. The mom hasn't replied to my offer to help him. I coached LL many years and believe me, I had kids that I wasn't real happy with, but I never considered just telling them that they can't be on the team. So can you get rid of the fat kid? The Hispanic that doesn't speak English and so on? I am beyond being baffled. The mother handled it very well and replied that her son has been picked on a lot and it would take a special coach to reach him.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I just spoke with the mom. When she called the LL president he/she said that they are taking all of the boys that didn't fit on their teams and putting them together on one team. But, they don't have a coach for that team.

So, as I see it the coaches are "cherry picking" their teams.

She is going to try a different district to get him on a team. He is 10 and she said that he didn't appear to be any worse than the rest of the boys. He just wasn't part of the click and he needs practice.

I am going to give him that practice.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
So they are going to put all the kids that need extra attention and put them on one team? It's hard to believe that they would do that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid