SNF drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
SnFDrill.gif~original

BustosOutFrom1.gif

I dont see Bustos fireing her big toe first... I see top of leg, butt, lower back.

Anyone agree with this?

SL

R

RayR

Leave the big toe to Sgt Hulka.... Launch the swing with the forearms/wrists....it is clear in this still that she is using her shoulders to get the barrel around and loosing whatever corner she might have created...

ci03.jpg

Dec 29, 2010
Raised stride foot toes just for balance. If snf drill done correctly, the force created and released will lift/raised/move your stride foot. You become slghtly off balanced whenswing is finished. Maybe rhc or ray can chime in. Make sure you coil around ball of femur not into. Also noticed tm and bb player are swinging with back not chest.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Leave the big toe to Sgt Hulka.... Launch the swing with the forearms/wrists....it is clear in this still that she is using her shoulders to get the barrel around and loosing whatever corner she might have created...

ci03.jpg

I agree this SNF is from the spring. I wish I would have video from yesterday.
For some reason she didn't think she was allowed to move her right foot. I don't know why.

Dec 29, 2010
Bustos clip was either attack oppo or how she demostrates hitting an outside pitch without crowding the plate.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I don't think this is SNF drill. I believe this is the Attack Opposite drill:
BustosOutFrom1.gif

Yes, but stare closely at this. Put yourself in her spot. Feel what is going on in her right hip socket. Snf key is feeling. While doing it, picture the ball on the top of your femur. Picture the hip socket surrounding the ball of the femur. Now with your leg pre turned forward, or turn around 45 degrees. Turn you upper (your rear hip must be connected to the upper) until the stretch is maxed out between the femur turned forward and the hip turning rearward. You have to feel and picture it. Almost every hitter stretches too high. They connect the hips to the leg, then turn back above the hip. The only fire you can do with that, is push.
So with maxed out stretch between the femur and hip socket, turn the barrel rearward tightly. It feels to me like pulling a rubber band as tight as I can, then with on effort, pull hard back on the rubber band (the rearward barrel). The rubber band slip out of your fingers and launches forward.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
The "torque drill" is one of the most swing damaging drills that I've ever seen. If a horrible hitter does that drill, they may improve from where they started just because of the fact that they are making some effort to improve.

The truth is that the "torque drill" is one of the worst drills a hitter can do. Lock the front leg?... Wow. Please stay away from that!!!!

Oct 25, 2009
The "torque drill" is one of the most swing damaging drills that I've ever seen. If a horrible hitter does that drill, they may improve from where they started just because of the fact that they are making some effort to improve.

The truth is that the "torque drill" is one of the worst drills a hitter can do. Lock the front leg?... Wow. Please stay away from that!!!!

The drill I call "check swing" is very similar to the "torque" drill. It is one of the most productive drills I use. For one example, batters who don't use their lower half very quickly get past that issue. There are other great benefits, also.

As far as locking the front leg, that should only happen as it would in a normal swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad