shin guard recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Used these for years-absolutely love them. DD has had the same set for 3 seasons and they have saved her from countless bruises and metal cleats as well.

There is no better protection on the market. The pros wear evoshield.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Based on my experience with other EvoShield products that my catcher-DD uses (thumb guard, wrist guards), I would expect the shin guards to be excellent.

Jul 26, 2010
One of my daughters took one to the shin when she was 11 or so, for the next few years she would slide her Mizuno or Nike knee pad down over her shin when she pitched, it worked fine. She grew out of that by the time she was 14 or so and got tired of wearing all the pads in the heat. She won't even use batting gloves any more.

-W

Sep 10, 2013
One of my daughters took one to the shin when she was 11 or so, for the next few years she would slide her Mizuno or Nike knee pad down over her shin when she pitched, it worked fine. She grew out of that by the time she was 14 or so and got tired of wearing all the pads in the heat. She won't even use batting gloves any more.

-W

same here. my dd is starting not to like wearing protective gear. but my DW and myself told her that it takes just one bad hit and that will be it.

i think i'll get the evoshields. DD has a heart guard from evo and it's pretty good.

thanks!

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
My daughter wears the evo shields. She is wearing the small size but I think the middle size would have offered a little more protection. She used to wear soccer shin guards but the evo shields are lighter and skinnier.

Sep 10, 2013
My daughter wears the evo shields. She is wearing the small size but I think the middle size would have offered a little more protection. She used to wear soccer shin guards but the evo shields are lighter and skinnier.

thanks for that info. i was debating between small and medium sizes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp