Shin guards in the field?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2021
Back in 12u, DD was pitching for a teammate during batting lessons (they traded off). Apparently the lesson took. She took a comebacker square on the shin. No break, but massive bruise and swelling and hard to walk for a couple days.

Two months ago she got cleated about mid-shin. The scars are still very evident. Two bite marks and a long drag mark from one of them. She could care less what it looks like.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Styling, Anna when she was 11. I used to tell her if she didn’t throw the ball over the middle of the plate she wouldn’t have to wear them! :LOL:
View attachment 26026
Like to share I really like that picture.
Great seeing young athletes putting everything into what they're doing.
Every muscle has a purpose in that picture, think it's awesome!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Like to share I really like that picture.
Great seeing young athletes putting everything into what they're doing.
Every muscle has a purpose in that picture, think it's awesome!
Well thank you! Since I was pretty much always on a base or in the dugout I really missed out on years of photos! This one has always been one of my favorites. And....it was the very first tournament we ever won in TB. This was a church / rec team that decided to give TB a shot, we got our teeth kicked in for a couple of months until we figured it out. It was as new to us coaches as it was to the girls, we ALL worked hard! We actually won a ASA World Series that first year! Anna had just turned 11 in this pic.
thumbnail (20).jpg