Bad Experience with Epic Sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
just wanted to share/vent.

Wed night at a game, DD showed me that her Rawlings Velo leg guards had again come part (strap holding knee cap to shin guard came off of shin guard, only stitched in, not riveted like nearly all the rest). this is our second pair of Rawlings, first ones did the exact same thing. neither she nor I want Rawlings replacement, after several calls to Rawlings, get Rawlings credit, since we did not purchase directly from Rawlings website (bought from RAwlings Amazon store).

looked around, ordered a couple of Mizuno sets for delivery next day (order placed thur AM). also ordered a pair of AS from Epic. checked their inventory, said it was in stock, paid a significant amount for next day. get an email later, not in stock. I know I had checked, but OK, changed color combo slightly, again checking stock, the online chat (only option, no one answers phone but machines) assures me it will still be next day delivery. this morning, while trying to get tracking number (still unavailable as of 10AM for a purchase supposed to deliver that day), get another automated email, out of stock. WTH!

turns out, they do not stock or process anything themselves. they just send their orders to another company for fulfillment, so inventory checks are garbagse, since this other company has other websites they do this for. now I have to wait 5 days to get my money back, which hampers my ability to order the AS from a reliable company (but I no longer care about next day, as it will not help for this weekend, we leave house at 6 AM sat for tournament).

Bottom line is, I hate companies who tease performance, and then cannot deliver, and are deceptive about the way they do business (do not have a stock checking option if it is complete garbage).

will never look at Epic again. any company that is that staunchly against talking to a customer they have dissappointed does not deserve to be in business in my eyes. I would rather pay a little more for service.

Jun 19, 2016
One time In ordered a pair of pants for my DD...same brand and same size as before. The didn't fit as they were two inches smaller than the other one. I sent them photos and everything and they would not take them back. I probably should of did a credit card charge back on them but I didn't.

May 23, 2015
Epic has never been a stocking dealer. They use API inventory feeds.. Thats why they always get top placement regarding prices on the Google machine. Its been a trade gripe for a very long time. Several manufacturers have cut them off now that the word is out

May 6, 2015
Epic has never been a stocking dealer. They use API inventory feeds.. Thats why they always get top placement regarding prices on the Google machine. Its been a trade gripe for a very long time. Several manufacturers have cut them off now that the word is out
I would much rather pay a slightly higher price and get better service

May 6, 2015
if you are simply bargain shopping, might be an option. but if you absolutely need service for something, steer clear.

learned a lesson as well, gonna bite the bullet and keep an extra pair of leg guards (for now will be her mismatched rawlings set, they are both either both lefts or rights, but honestly only difference is straps) on hand (ie in trunk on tourney days, etc.). CP and helmets do not seem to wear out as much, thankfully. might also invest in spare cage for helmet.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have ordered from them multiple times...but only for cheap clothes. And shipping is slow
as hell. So, all in all, I just order cheap clothes, nothing major and no equip and dont care
if it takes a while to get here. If you dont mind that, its fine.

May 6, 2015
if you are simply bargain shopping, might be an option. but if you absolutely need service for something, steer clear.

learned a lesson as well, gonna bite the bullet and keep an extra pair of leg guards (for now will be her mismatched rawlings set, they are both either both lefts or rights, but honestly only difference is straps) on hand (ie in trunk on tourney days, etc.). CP and helmets do not seem to wear out as much, thankfully. might also invest in spare cage for helmet.

PS happily I was wrong, the two sets of rawlings each with one broken strap ()these are not the straps to put on or off, but the connecting straps between plastic plates) each had different sides broke, so she still had a complete set, used for this weekend, no issues. didnt have to use the new mizunos thata rrived friday, still want her to try on the AS arriving this week before making a decision (so it is good mizunos are still new in box for possible return). this complete set will become her backup when she makes final pick this week.

Apr 22, 2015
I used Epic Sports for 4 straight years for pants belts and arm bands, and I simply could not have been happier with their service. A majority of the time I would be told the order would be 8-10 day’s delivery, and if have it either next day or 2 days max. Also I never once dealt with an automated phone call. Spoke with a sales representative each and every time. Unless something major has changed with them since last July, they were my go to, when I needed apparel Fast

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
They have really went downhill the past 10 months or so. Very slow to ship. Difficult to get a live person to talk to, and if you do they won’t know anything and can’t tell you anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22