Catcher leg/shin guards...recommendations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Younger DD has been usually getting hand me downs from her big sister and now the 12 yr old is almost as tall as the 15 yr old and has outgrown her current pair of leg/shin guards. Any suggestions? Brands? She's 5-2 and her knee to ankle length is between 13-15 inches. She tried on her older sisters Worth Intermediate 15" pair and it was just a tad too big and dug into her ankle and top of foot. Doesn't need anything else gear wise, just the leg guards. So, the "sets" that are a bit less $ won't help. Thanks!

Apr 28, 2019
Younger DD has been usually getting hand me downs from her big sister and now the 12 yr old is almost as tall as the 15 yr old and has outgrown her current pair of leg/shin guards. Any suggestions? Brands? She's 5-2 and her knee to ankle length is between 13-15 inches. She tried on her older sisters Worth Intermediate 15" pair and it was just a tad too big and dug into her ankle and top of foot. Doesn't need anything else gear wise, just the leg guards. So, the "sets" that are a bit less $ won't help. Thanks!

Allstar/UA leg guards are probably the best on the market. Allstar actually designs and makes UA catchers gear.
Sounds like at 5’2” your DD is probably in a 13”- 14” leg guard size.
You can go on their website and go into the outlet section. I believe they have 13” S7’s on sale for $60.
You can also try a coupon code I have for extra savings. 15FREE.
The colors are very limited. The Jen Schro Easton gear is supposed to be good and I like my Diamond IX5 gear.
But if you can find the right high-end UA gear that mirrors the Allstar S7 Axis/Vela Pro you can really open up your options.

May 20, 2015
DD got the Vela Pros this year, and there's no comparison.....best shins she's owned, according to her

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee