Senoir Night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Hmm you didn’t answer if your daughter would be happy for the senior, probably not. You know you raised a good DD if she was the #1 starter on the team, yet on senior night she was the first one to say to a non starting senior “ hey take my spot, it’s your time”. That would make me most proud of my daughter if she said that then having her pout on the bench because she sat for an inning or two, I’d be embarrassed if she did that.

Not sure where you got that she'd be pouting. It's actually possible to be disappointed and not pout. Maybe that's something your kid can't do, but others can.

May 6, 2015
to me an individual goal should not include anything outside of the individuals control (such as starts, etc.). hitting 0.XYZ, slugging % A.BCD, fielding rate over 0.NMP, get an OTF HR this year, etc.

Feb 12, 2014
Not to the point they would be mad a teammate got a deserved/earned start. I want our players to support their teammates and coaches decisions.

We're not talking about earned starts. We're talking about the starter who earned the spot being benched for a game (or inning) so someone who did NOT earn the starters spot can start because they happen to be a Senior.

Never in this conversation at all have I said anyone who has earned a starting spot not have it. Now, we can have the semantics argument about what it means to earn a starting spot but I don't think we'll agree.

It's also entirely possible to not agree with a coach's decision, be disappointed in not starting and yet still have a good attitude, be a good teammate, and be the best bench player possible for that game. I'm not sure why so many people on this thread see this as mutually exclusive. That says a ton in itself.

May 23, 2015
If the coach most values honoring the seniors by starting them (or not) then thats thats the coaches biz.

Try not to be too disappointed because that might not align exactly with what you most value.

Just my opinion.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
“Killed her starting streak!?” Are you kidding me!? How selfish can someone be to value that over a senior in her last game?

Let this go OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2016
Exactly, they shock you, something about the pride, and not wanting to let teammates down, and they play way over their head a lot of the time.

sorry about DD, hope she is back out there soon.
Thanks, She was cleared yesterday for limited practice. Conference tournament starts in 10 days so her goal is to try and be able to play then. Team Dr and trainer are hopeful but we will see.

May 6, 2015
Thanks, She was cleared yesterday for limited practice. Conference tournament starts in 10 days so her goal is to try and be able to play then. Team Dr and trainer are hopeful but we will see.

be cautious, while Hs playoffs are important, coming back too quick could kill those AND her TB season.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
We're not talking about earned starts. We're talking about the starter who earned the spot being benched for a game (or inning) so someone who did NOT earn the starters spot can start because they happen to be a Senior.

If you read the complete comment I also said deserved. A player that gives four years to a program with great attitude and effort more than DESERVES to be recognized. If there is a player disappointed they missed a start because of that, then yeah there is a me before team issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13