Whiplash

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Just watched the trailer. I will guess the line you are referring to, "the two most harmful words in the English language.....good job."
Not my style of coaching. Screaming and berating. Just think there is a better approach. Tony Dungi coached in the NFL, won two Super Bowls and never raised his voice. I like him.

I haven't seen the movie, but agree with you. :p

I certainly can think of two words that are much worse. Can't say some of them here.

Oct 4, 2018
You may as well be describing me as a drummer. I started at 26 and comes very easily to me, but I hardly pick up the sticks unless I'm in a band. If I'm in a band I go hard. My last band ran from 2014 - 2019 and I was definitely at my best ever. I've been behind a kit probably 20 times in the past four years though, and that includes noodling around at guitar center a few times. I'm itching to get with a band again but I am RUSTY and slow and get winded or cramped a lot more easily. It's a different kind of cardio. People don't really understand it until I tell them that after two hours of band practice my phone's pedometer would show 11,000 to 14,000 steps just from where I bounce my left leg when not using it. I've got three other limbs and a lot of head bobbing going too. : )

What kind of music did your band play?

Oct 4, 2018
This move was done for personal reasons between MP and JP. Their families are friends, their daughters lived together in NYC, and their wives played in a band together. I can assure you this decision was forced on JL and JM, with JR probably backing JP.

MP has left a trail of bands in his wake since he left DT in 2010. AX7, SOA, Winery Dogs, Adrenaline Mob to name a few. I give this reunion 2-4 years before MP starts complaining about "The Canadian" again, by which time, Mangini will be playing drums for Geddy and Alex and their residency...

What are y'all talking about?

I thought Portnoy was the pizza review guy.

Jan 25, 2022
What kind of music did your band play?

I would call it rock/hard rock, with the occasional metal. It was me, in my mid and late 30's, playing with a bunch of guys 15 years older. We did originals, but our covers were mostly from the 70's. Stuff those guys grew up with. War Pigs was always our grand finale. People go nuts over that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles