Scoring Showcase Events with GameChanger - Need Help.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
OK all you GameChanger scoring gurus....

How do you score showcase events where the batter or runner may have multiple at bats/runs in a single inning. Likely back to back? We can't find out how to let the GC program score this.

i.e. :
Batter walks and returns to the plate for another at bat to get an opportunity to hit.
Base runner scores and goes immediately to another base to run for another batter while still hitting in her roster spot too.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
It does get rather messy, but I believe you can skip back to to the hitter again. For the base runner it should let you chose that person for the base runner

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
There is no way Game Changer or iScore can account for all the possible scenarios at a showcase. Most teams bat everyone, free defensive substitutions, courtesy runners for BB, same batters hitting back-to-back, ect. I would also hesitate to keep the stats for showcase games in with the rest of your season. Most teams do not play showcases "to win", although some teams do, which still baffles me.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
OK all you GameChanger scoring gurus....
Batter walks and returns to the plate for another at bat to get an opportunity to hit.

Ok, so first you'll have to put in a pinch/courtesy-runner, so tap on the runner on first. It will ask if it's a pinch-runner or courtesy runner. In this scenario, I think it would be best to select courtesy runner (so that the lineup isn't affected). Now, tap on the batter, and "skip to a different batter" should be one of the options available. Tap on that, and then tap on the player that is batting again.

Base runner scores and goes immediately to another base to run for another batter while still hitting in her roster spot too.
Same as above, tap on the current runner, select the "courtesy runner" option, tap on the girl going back out to run again.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
There is no way Game Changer or iScore can account for all the possible scenarios at a showcase. Most teams bat everyone, free defensive substitutions, courtesy runners for BB, same batters hitting back-to-back, ect. I would also hesitate to keep the stats for showcase games in with the rest of your season. Most teams do not play showcases "to win", although some teams do, which still baffles me.

I agree. This is where the exhibition, league, non-league, ...etc choices come in handy to include/exclude stats at will.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Ok, so first you'll have to put in a pinch/courtesy-runner, so tap on the runner on first. It will ask if it's a pinch-runner or courtesy runner. In this scenario, I think it would be best to select courtesy runner (so that the lineup isn't affected). Now, tap on the batter, and "skip to a different batter" should be one of the options available. Tap on that, and then tap on the player that is batting again.

Same as above, tap on the current runner, select the "courtesy runner" option, tap on the girl going back out to run again.

Thanks. The problem I see is it also limits the courtesy runner choices.

I played with it a little this afternoon and did the following for those who care :)
Created ghost runner as the courtesy runner. This frees up the player to have another immediate at bat. The players batting stats are correct, but their base running stats will not be.
You can also clear the lineup which allows you to do as you please. It will retain everything up to that point and keep correct numbers. The down side is you have to re-enter defensive positions (very easy) and the lineup "order" shown will not be correct, but again that's fine with me. I don't care about that.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
We play showcases to show off. Put the game changer down, use the old pencil and paper to keep up with high lights.

Thanks, DW does the old school pen and paper. I started using GC to give me something to do after crossing to the other side of the fence.

I just started taping the games for fun. It helps when things really get our of hand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid