self-depreciating talk in the dugout / poor body language

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
Another comment I might add about this is how much young people here negativity from their parents. They bring up comments they already know their pitfall because they already know they're going to hear it when they drive home.
I'm late but just reading this and you are right, obviously, this is a thing. DD had a teammate a few years ago who never, ever sat. Long story but she played every inning of every game. Her older sister apparently did not. I know this because one game I heard their mom telling older sister, "If you were as good as younger daughter you'd play every inning and not be sitting your @$$ on the bench so much!"

These parents were definitely glass half full towards their kids and all the others.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I'm late but just reading this and you are right, obviously, this is a thing. DD had a teammate a few years ago who never, ever sat. Long story but she played every inning of every game. Her older sister apparently did not. I know this because one game I heard their mom telling older sister, "If you were as good as younger daughter you'd play every inning and not be sitting your @$$ on the bench so much!"

These parents were definitely glass half full towards their kids and all the others.
I have noticed that some parents are not this obvious. IOW, some parent I would have never suspected to be negatively critical with their DD in reality are just that.
Parents, don't do that. It does not help. Be better. If you must talk about the games on the way home. Start with some positives and mention things she needs to work on and try to finish with some encouragement. Keep it short and sweet. Same goes for you coaches too! The post game meeting should last approximately 5 minutes.

Aug 12, 2014
This is true..His influence (partly) probably screwed the world out of seeing what Mantle could have done if he didn’t play with a hangover 3/4 of the time

Nah, Mantle himself said his issue was that he didn't think he was going to live that long based on his family's history so he didn't take care of himself.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I will admit I did not read all the posts but this seemed to go to parents. OP was about player's additute.

Parents I could control a little bit, players less successful.

I do not need anyone on Team who the world revolves around. They are growing girls and are allowed thier spats but only occasionally and not to long.

In BB I did not take a player on all star Team even though he was one of the best players, Team was better without them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12