SB vs. BB pitch speed comparison chart

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Descriptions of pitching
Crow Hopping
different then Leaping.
illegal in women's fastpitch.

Screenshot_2020-02-05-14-42-54-1.pngScreenshot_2020-02-05-14-42-35-1.png

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Bill....i posted that description to show crow hopping is pitching verbage.
No interest how rules get applied or not in mens sb.
Thats an umpire thing...not my job ....;)
Womans crow hopping had to stop as it was enforced.
But i do remember when it wasnt enforced in womans. And the benefit it gave to the pitchers!!!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
RAD, I think "crowhopping" is coming to the women's game. Some pitchers already do it and 100's of posters on here complain about it (as they run out and buy a $500 ghost bat that can hit infield flies over the fence). International ball now allows "leaping". So it won't be too long until it happens where crowhopping is the norm. And for a few minutes everyone will jump up and down, then it will be the same game as it is now: throw, hit, run.

Apr 28, 2019
RAD, I think "crowhopping" is coming to the women's game. Some pitchers already do it and 100's of posters on here complain about it (as they run out and buy a $500 ghost bat that can hit infield flies over the fence). International ball now allows "leaping". So it won't be too long until it happens where crowhopping is the norm. And for a few minutes everyone will jump up and down, then it will be the same game as it is now: throw, hit, run.
I disagree with the copper
[/QUOTE
I disagree with the cop out that everybody does it. Not everybody does it. Play by the rules. The problem is enforcement. Cheating should never be condoned or minimized.
What is this the NASCAR mentality of if your not cheating your not trying hard enough?
The umps need better training to recognize and call pitching rule violations. The truth of the matter is the people that push/break the rules are doing so to gain an advantage.
I say push the plate back to 50’ and you won’t need to enforce the rule.
At 50’ you can crow hop, replant what have you and no advantage will be gained as everyone is allowed to “stretch out” their delivery.
This way all levels of play will use the same rules.
Start at 35’ for LL 8/10U whatever and move back 5’ as the girls get older/stronger. By HS where at 50’ and everybody is on the same page.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Womans Pitchers just got some footing changes that should benefit their results.
Hopefully this will bring some positive change.
Time will tell.

As far as crow hopping/mens pitching
Cant compare results to womans game.
Because for now the rule against it is applied illegal in woman game.

Soon probably use of camara to get tecnical about whats happening will come into things :oops:

One thing for certain never met a pitcher who Didnt want all the help they could get!
🤗🤭🤫

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
I disagree with the copper

Mad, for someone who's never seen a game of men's fastpitch, knows nothing of it's history (and how it got todays female game where it is today), never wants to see it, barely wants to even acknowledge it exists, I find it incredible how opinionated you are about it.

I always find it interesting that some people revert to the argument of "move the rubber back". WHY? runs are still being scored. The games are competitive with 2 equal teams are playing. And nobody who actually plays is complaining. I'm using this rhetorically because you've made your view well known how you wouldn't even care to see any men's fastpitch game: beer league or world championship. But if you did, your chin would hit the ground at how hard the ball is thrown, with so much movement, and yet the players are still talented enough to hit, slap, go long ball, etc. How about getting rid of composite bats and polycore balls? Keep the rubber where it is, enforce the rules as you see fit, but make the offenses use 1960's equipment?

Softball bodies have finally stepped into the 21st century with some pitching rule changes. International rules allow both sexes to leap off the rubber. The men's game has taken it one step further because the scores would resemble a Star Trek stardate "23.21" if they didn't alter what their doing to keep the games relatively low scoring.

The top National teams (Olympic teams) in the world (USA, Australia, Japan, etc) all use male pitchers for their batting practice because it makes the competition they'd see in games seem infinitely more manageable. So maybe...... just maybe.... there's room in the world for both gender's in the sport.

Bill

Apr 28, 2019
Mad, for someone who's never seen a game of men's fastpitch, knows nothing of it's history (and how it got todays female game where it is today), never wants to see it, barely wants to even acknowledge it exists, I find it incredible how opinionated you are about it.

I always find it interesting that some people revert to the argument of "move the rubber back". WHY? runs are still being scored. The games are competitive with 2 equal teams are playing. And nobody who actually plays is complaining. I'm using this rhetorically because you've made your view well known how you wouldn't even care to see any men's fastpitch game: beer league or world championship. But if you did, your chin would hit the ground at how hard the ball is thrown, with so much movement, and yet the players are still talented enough to hit, slap, go long ball, etc. How about getting rid of composite bats and polycore balls? Keep the rubber where it is, enforce the rules as you see fit, but make the offenses use 1960's equipment?

Softball bodies have finally stepped into the 21st century with some pitching rule changes. International rules allow both sexes to leap off the rubber. The men's game has taken it one step further because the scores would resemble a Star Trek stardate "23.21" if they didn't alter what their doing to keep the games relatively low scoring.

The top National teams (Olympic teams) in the world (USA, Australia, Japan, etc) all use male pitchers for their batting practice because it makes the competition they'd see in games seem infinitely more manageable. So maybe...... just maybe.... there's room in the world for both gender's in the sport.

Bill

Bill
[Q

Bill
UOTE="Hillhouse, post: 547330, member: 674"]

Bill
[/QUOTE]
I guess it’s a case

Bill
I guess it’s just a case of what your brought up with Bill. Baseball is what boys play in my area and girls play softball.
I will say the guy in the video was throwing some serious heat. What’s the pitching distance for men 45’, 50’?
Given the choice of watching attractive women or men in any given sport I’m choosing women every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207