10U speed vs accuracy vs experiece

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
You don't. What I think you can do, is make sure they get plenty of pitching reps in. Even pitchers with bad mechanics can learn to throw strikes with plenty of practice. Maybe pitchers and catchers come one hour before practice.

Yup. It's all about reps. Reps and mechanics. It simply takes a lot of reps to become good at pitching. You can lessen the amount with lessons and drills and hard work.

May 27, 2013
That's a lot of pressure on the coach. For awhile we had the coach come in after 3 walks and ball 4 on the next batter. I added to my career K totals in those years.

Our HC used to have me pitch to our team after ball 4. I think I had a no-hitter going that whole season. 🤣

Jan 20, 2023
Our HC used to have me pitch to our team after ball 4. I think I had a no-hitter going that whole season. 🤣

When my daughter was in coach pitch the local high-school pitcher was their assistant coach and pitched for their team (her best friend’s dad runs the league.) She was a very good D1 commit. Now the girls are all entering high-school and that particular rec team turned out some phenomenal hitters 7 years later. We joke -well they were hitting off a D1 commit at 7. In reality they did get phenomenal coaching and the high school girls made it so much fun they stuck with it. They were really lucky.

Jan 25, 2022
The past couple years has coach pitch to bail out every walk. It didnt take long for the more experienced players to just not swing at fringe pitches to get the wall so they could get a meatball pitch from the coach.

This year's fall ball (I'm not involved) is currently struggling with when to use coach pitch--which so far they haven't--and all it does is let the hitters and defense get very little experience.

Mar 29, 2023
More 8U leagues should do modified-pitch (girls pitch to a max of 3 balls from 30' then it goes to coach pitch). One of the local rec leagues does that and their 10U games are way more competitive & fun than the other local rec league that has 8U as coach pitch only.

I still don't understand why 8U travel is coach pitch only, as well.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
More 8U leagues should do modified-pitch (girls pitch to a max of 3 balls from 30' then it goes to coach pitch). One of the local rec leagues does that and their 10U games are way more competitive & fun than the other local rec league that has 8U as coach pitch only.

I still don't understand why 8U travel is coach pitch only, as well.
I am not sure why there are 8u travel clubs regardless of the rules.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles