Saw the top-ranked 2027 player this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 1, 2023
It’s the biggest off-age nationals in the country I believe. So it draws a lot of top 11-U teams from the Midwest. It also hosts 13-u, but I think that draws weaker teams.

Finals was Beverly Bandits vs KC Select.

May 16, 2019
When the stars align, my 5' 1" 12 U GD has hit 60MPH in a game several times. Realistically she's between 55-58mph. It's probably no different than that long drive or bomb hit to deep center we brag about. My concern is , has she hit her peak early or can we get to 62-64?

May 13, 2023
When the stars align, my 5' 1" 12 U GD has hit 60MPH in a game several times. Realistically she's between 55-58mph. It's probably no different than that long drive or bomb hit to deep center we brag about. My concern is , has she hit her peak early or can we get to 62-64?
She 12u. Too early to decide/ predict future results.

Oct 4, 2018
I know 6 pitchers in the area (NJ, Eastern PA, Delaware) that throw 60mph at 12u, including all 3 on my DD’s team. (There could be more.) I’m guessing you’re talking about the lefty. She’s really good, but my DD’s team has surprising had her number recently. I think 60mph is more common outside this area . A 12-u girl for the Bandits has hit 67mph in game - now that’s a D-1 prospect.

It's not that common.

My DD is one of the top 10 pitcher in her year in our state (Georgia, which does have lots of softball talent). The best pitchers are bunched together on a small handful of teams. Our team has three of them, another team has three, etc. We all know who these girls are and the only pitcher these top teams will add is one from this group (unless a new one emerges). And not all 10 are hitting 60mph yet. Close... and they're all 13.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
DD is playing 14U Power Pool at Sparkler in a few weeks. If I had to guess, I would say the average velocity she will see would be about 60...maybe a tad higher. There will be some that sit mid 60's I am sure but that won't be the norm. Maybe Drop's team should enter that..

We chose to do the Supplemental Power Pool at Sparkler, being it's our first and we're a first year 14U. Girls are excited, parents are feeling broke. :p

Jun 8, 2016
We chose to do the Supplemental Power Pool at Sparkler, being it's our first and we're a first year 14U. Girls are excited, parents are feeling broke. :p
Not many first year 14’s get selected for Power Pool (you have to apply for it). If you win your Supplemental pool you get placed in the Power Pool bracket so you still have a chance this year.

TBH DD’s team is going to have to play really well or they might go 0’fer CO.… 😂That said if they are competitive in most of their games I will be fine with that.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023
Is there an etiquette for clocking pitchers in games?

I saw in a video an opposing team start clocking my DD mid-game at a PGF event. My DD said she saw them clocking her. We often practice with a radar, so it doesn’t bother her. Some girls seem to get bothered by it.

I’ve clocked other pitchers but try to be less obvious. However, an opposing coach yelled at me for doing it once, and tried to get the umpire to remove me.

Attachments

• 1B299C19-DD2F-4704-AA5A-672164461FE9.jpeg
    1B299C19-DD2F-4704-AA5A-672164461FE9.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 23
Oct 4, 2018
Not many first year 14’s get selected for Power Pool (you have to apply for it). If you win your Supplemental pool you get placed in the Power Pool bracket so you still have a chance this year.

TBH DD’s team is going to have to play really well or they might go 0’fer CO..😂

I don't know the process, but the coach wanted to be Supplemental Power Pool and did have to apply, and was pleased when the selection show placed us there. With my nature, I'm a bit concerned we'll get blown away. But I keep that to myself (well, and DFP) and hope to be happily surprised.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't know the process, but the coach wanted to be Supplemental Power Pool and did have to apply, and was pleased when the selection show placed us there. With my nature, I'm a bit concerned we'll get blown away. But I keep that to myself (well, and DFP) and hope to be happily surprised.
Supplemental pool has a mix of teams. We started a kid in one game last year who we should have never started otherwise we would have won our pool last year.

Oct 4, 2018
Is there an etiquette for clocking pitchers in games?

I saw in a video an opposing team start clocking my DD mid-game at a PGF event. My DD said she saw them clocking her. We often practice with a radar, so it doesn’t bother her. Some girls seem to get bothered by it.

I’ve clocked other pitchers but try to be less obvious. However, an opposing coach yelled at me for doing it once, and tried to get the umpire to remove me.

Yeah, I try to be very subtle. With a pocket radar, I try to make it look like I'm just using my phone.

And I rarely, rarely even do it. I have the radar at all games (in my bag with sunscreen and bug spray and stuff) but only pull it out when I think a girl is really really fast. And I do three pitches tops.