Riseball spin clips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Folks have frequently commented here that they consider this (below) to be a good riseball spin.

2u4790x.gif

It might be, hard to tell from the gif. The taped line looks to be in a good backwards spinning location on at least one frame. I'll grab it and look at the frames to see if that taped line shows up consistently in the same spot.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
I looked at the individual frames and you can see the taped line in two frames but it disappears in a couple of others and the clip is generally blurry so while this may be a great riseball, I can't say that the video proves it. WE need a nice clip of Cat's riseball with the clarity of the clips in the Ueno videos.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Do you guys think the spinner is the best tool to use to learn the spin? Or do you think just starting with the ball is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the spinny thingies. I prefer the cue of whipping the fingers under the ball.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
here is a decent clip of a Haeger RB.

[video=youtube_share;epXSRXjLtOQ]http://youtu.be/epXSRXjLtOQ[/video]

I have good tools to grab these now so if anyone has specific shots from the games where ESPN shows the close up the of the pitch like these, let me know and I will capture them. Just post the inning, which half of the inning, and which at bat and I can take it from there. ESPN likes to show these types of replays after the out is recorded and especially if a half inning ends on a strikeout.

Edy

May 24, 2010
here is a decent clip of a Haeger RB.

I have good tools to grab these now so if anyone has specific shots from the games where ESPN shows the close up the of the pitch like these, let me know and I will capture them. Just post the inning, which half of the inning, and which at bat and I can take it from there. ESPN likes to show these types of replays after the out is recorded and especially if a half inning ends on a strikeout.

Great clip!

Looks like bullet spin to me... Check the brand logo facing the catcher.. it's just spinning on its axis, not rotating with the ball

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
It might be, hard to tell from the gif. The taped line looks to be in a good backwards spinning location on at least one frame. I'll grab it and look at the frames to see if that taped line shows up consistently in the same spot.

This is about the best example i've seen so far.
1-7 backspin, rotated (yaw) inward to a RHB.

I'd still like to see game footage, to an actual batter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00