Recruiting Postcards

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Traveling and staying at hotels I always like those complimentary postcards.
Figured you two would get along.. :ROFLMAO:

I remember my "vacations" by how many nights it takes me to get more than 3 hours of sleep..which is typically the number of days we are there minus one..

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Postcards and anything different helps the recruit's name stay "sticky" in the coaches minds. Email, Email, Email, blah blah....all these kids look the same!!! Do something different to help your DD stand out.

Save the Date! Here are my upcoming tourneys for the fall. List them out and put the pics on the front. This is also breaks up the monotony of emails.

Go for it!!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Time to revive this thread. How will your DD standout in the sea of unending mails? Kind of hard to delete a post card. Who doesn't like getting something personal in the mail box? The coaches are more likely to remember your postcard and might just pique their interest.

By now your coaches should be sending out your Fall schedules. Why not send a "Save the date" postcard with your schedule?

Apr 25, 2019
Time to revive this thread. How will your DD standout in the sea of unending mails? Kind of hard to delete a post card. Who doesn't like getting something personal in the mail box? The coaches are more likely to remember your postcard and might just pique their interest.

By now your coaches should be sending out your Fall schedules. Why not send a "Save the date" postcard with your schedule?

I have done this for the past 3 seasons now and the feedback has been great. Several coaches in various camps have remarked that they have seen my DD's postcards and appreciate the schedule updates. Canva and VistaPrint make it super easy and inexpensive. $30-ish for 50 postcards is a cheap investment.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
Figured you two would get along.. :ROFLMAO:

I remember my "vacations" by how many nights it takes me to get more than 3 hours of sleep..which is typically the number of days we are there minus one..
I struggle with common core math. But I love the postcard idea. I think it would be a definite "stand out" advantage over the emails.

Jun 8, 2016
But I love the postcard idea. I think it would be a definite "stand out" advantage over the emails.
Agreed. You should send them before you leave (eg drop them in local mail) after camp visits too thanking them and then send another thank you e-mail later. All the college bookstores have overpriced postcards you can buy with the school logo on them :ROFLMAO:...#dogandponyshow ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi