Hmmm? Marketing verbage...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
What do you read this to mean?

Mini Prospect camps~

Mini as in small sized camps?
And/or
Recruiting prospects who are young?

Screenshot_20231004-190424_Instagram.jpg
Whether it's called a skills camp or a PROSPECT Camp make no mistake eyes are on young prospects.
Yep, Connections can start being made at an early age!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
These types of practice sessions could be a great opportunity for some mid week face time with the coaches in a smaller setting. I am sure these coaches "encourage" certain semi local prospects to attend to get a better look and have conversations to get to know each other better.

Oct 4, 2018
UNC, my alma mater, is having them. My DD really wants to go.

"Uh, I can't really drive you 7 hours to Chapel Hill for you to do a 45 minute pitching clinic with 50 local girls"

:(

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD went to one of them last year after being contacted on Sept 1 by the school. Was super weird, 3 or so young players 10-12 that were totally learning the game, 2 recruiting age girls. The clinic was run by an assistant coach that was in contact with DD and a couple of current SDSU players.

Last year they called them fielding and hitting clinics, seems like just a name change.

If you get asked to go, I think it would be worth it.

May 13, 2023
DD went to one of them last year after being contacted on Sept 1 by the school. Was super weird, 3 or so young players 10-12 that were totally learning the game, 2 recruiting age girls. The clinic was run by an assistant coach that was in contact with DD and a couple of current SDSU players.
Yeah agree weird.
Last year they called them fielding and hitting clinics, seems like just a name change.
... an interesting name change!

This type of verbiage change can confuse intended purpose of what the camp May entail. Flyer does not say skills camp 🤷‍♀️
Does say open to any and all within age perimeters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles