Random mom tries to change one of my pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 27, 2014
Amy, now that is funny, my 9 year old would totally do that.

I have 3 DD's, they all pitch. I have learned not to give advice unless someone ask's and I have to remind my girls to just politly say thanks but I have a pitching instructor. The majority of the pitching instructors in our area teach push the ball hello elbow style so my DD's don't pitch like most girls in the area do (thanks to this site) so we get our fair share of unwanted advice from others.

You must be in the same area as me. :)

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
It is amazing how everybody wants to help the kid who is already doing well, and no one seems to want to spend time with the kid who is struggling. Seems like you'd get more bang from your buck doing the opposite. But I guess people don't realize that 99%+ of players who are already doing well didn't just wake up that way one day. I think they also want to take pride of ownership - "I helped that girl and now she's a star."

Nov 29, 2009
I have to admit it. I never had a random person come up and suggest anything to my DD while she was pitcing when I was around. She never told me about anyone when I wasn't there. But, I guess when a pitcher is throwing 60+ at 14 there's not too much they can "fix". ;):rolleyes:

I see plenty of kids doing all kinds of things wrong and I have to keep reminding myself. Not my circus, not my monkey.

Nov 29, 2009
How about a picture of a bent arm inside a ball with the red circle and slash on top of it. Under it it reads. HELL NO ELBOW On the back of the shirt it can read. This message approve by DFP.

Aug 29, 2015
Midwest
I have to admit it. I never had a random person come up and suggest anything to my DD while she was pitcing when I was around. She never told me about anyone when I wasn't there. But, I guess when a pitcher is throwing 60+ at 14 there's not too much they can "fix". ;):rolleyes:

I see plenty of kids doing all kinds of things wrong and I have to keep reminding myself. Not my circus, not my monkey.

This is gonna be my new mantra!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1