Random mom tries to change one of my pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
I remember warming up my DD (8YO at the time) and the grandfather of one of the players got out of his car in the parking lot, walked up to me, and said she is pitching wrong and needs to finish with her pitching hand going to her pitching shoulder "like grabbing a candy bar off the shoulder". Floored, I didn't know what to say other than "thank you" and had DD continue to pitch the way she was taught. It's amazing to me that we have as many good pitchers as we do in the US, with all the obstacles facing these girls all along the way. Being a good pitcher is challenging enough, even without getting conflicting advice from strangers, good intentioned but bad advice from PC's, etc..

May 5, 2014
Pacific Northwest
What about pushing your palm in their face and yelling "talk to the hand?"

Amy, now that is funny, my 9 year old would totally do that.

I have 3 DD's, they all pitch. I have learned not to give advice unless someone ask's and I have to remind my girls to just politly say thanks but I have a pitching instructor. The majority of the pitching instructors in our area teach push the ball hello elbow style so my DD's don't pitch like most girls in the area do (thanks to this site) so we get our fair share of unwanted advice from others.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Another thing to do is whip out the cell phone and show the slo-mo clip of Abbott, Ueno, Pauly pitching. Odds are they won't even know who they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi