Rain, rain, and more rain...what do you do??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Unless it is a school sanctioned sport, not many school districts will let you use gym space for free, any more. They can't take a chance on someone getting hurt. Their insurance is just too high. I even had churches tell me that about their outdoor space and it was 15 years ago.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Unless it is a school sanctioned sport, not many school districts will let you use gym space for free, any more. They can't take a chance on someone getting hurt. Their insurance is just too high. I even had churches tell me that about their outdoor space and it was 15 years ago.

Shouldn't a team have insurance already? I've never had a problem getting a school gym (sometimes they made me pay $25 for once a week use for several months)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Please send that rain to us.

Not to hijack this thread but we have had storms etc. in our area for two or three days and yet, northeast of St. Louis, not one drop. Not one drop for a looooooong time. I have a new house and a new yard. I am doing everything I can to save it. We had 10 straight days of 102+ and today 98. So, I'd love to have your problem with rain.

May 1, 2011
In Houston as well, but we've gotten lucky. This is the small part of summer that we've taken off. Open Try-Outs next Tuesday and Thursday so hopefully it will die down between now and then. We have a Hit Away on the back porch that DD is thundering away at. Between 2 and 5 today, it didn't rain. So, we grabbed a ball and threw for about thirty minutes. Never switched balls either. If it got a little wet, just throw it. Good for them to learn to throw a damp ball anyways. Helps with those early morning, dew covered fields. I find that the easiest way to get around the weather is to just relax and enjoy the small break. If you get a crack in the weather, take advantage. If not, take DD to a movie, get her nails done (if she's into that sort of thing), maybe sit down for a film session (I've got all of the World Cup DVR'd and DD has been watching the Catchers framing pitches). Also, small whiffle balls don't fly as far, don't hurt as bad when they hit you, and don't break things as easily. TCB balls are handy for rainy days too.

Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi