How would you spend your summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
What does your DD want to do?
She'd like to play in some capacity. She loves softball and all the work that goes with it. Her current situation was just not going to work out. It really took us months to finally accept that. Now that she has gotten to this point she's starting to think about what else she could change.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
If she is a pitcher and a decent player.... It will take her all of 10 seconds to find a team. When I was coaching HS level teams I knew every decent player in the state and whether I wanted them or not if they ever shook free. The gossip alone will take care of it... And if she tells a few of her softball playing friends it will get around REAL fast.

Wont take long to find a team to align with her needs, especially if she wants to stay local-ish. If you REALLY don't know the local scene which feels unlikely, just go any weekend tournament in your local area and talk to people.

May 29, 2015
Teams are never set. Target a few teams that meet your criteria and reach out to the coaches. IMO it's better to keep playing through the summer especially if she has college aspirations.

My DD just finished her college career and graduated. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my life. I played golf on Saturday at Memorial Park (site of the Houston Open). I started working in my yard which has been severely neglected over the years. DD told me she wants to start playing golf.

I'm going to skip the rest of the thread and just go straight to this @Orange Socks : You AND your DD should become umpires. Stay around the game, actually spend some time bonding over the game, and a little extra pocket cash!

Apr 8, 2019
I'm going to skip the rest of the thread and just go straight to this @Orange Socks : You AND your DD should become umpires. Stay around the game, actually spend some time bonding over the game, and a little extra pocket cash!
She actually mentioned wanting to umpire. She said she liked the idea of telling people what to do and she could practice her authoritarian man voice.

She might have some control issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23