Questions about batting order

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I am sorry. Next time I will speak only when spoken to...:rolleyes:

I was trying to help you to understand what he was talking about but it seems that didn't work
since you are still referring to "out of a hat" which is NOT what the comparison is..I'll stop now.
If you had noticed I said thank you for joining the conversation. But kindness probably doesn't always go over well with you LOL
The question was not asked out of ignorance. already understood what Gunner shotgun said, was asking the question to see if he used any method to the line up.

ZOOOOMπŸ™‚
πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒ

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022
If the FLEX goes into the lineup it's considered an offensive substitution. But I believe Flex can only hit for the DP in which case the DP is considered subbed out but could renter under starter reentry rule.

As for AVE/OBP questions is it a small sample? If so coach is probably going on something more than just the season stats but that's just a guess.
It's over 2 months(28 games) and of course it varies over the 2 months..but always in the top 6, lately in the top 3 (last month, 12 games).

Jun 8, 2016
Second, what are some reasons a coach would take a girl with the 3rd highest avg/ 2nd highest obp on the team and make her a flex going into bracket play one weekend and then not bat her 2 out of 4 games the next weekend?
The dad is a PITA?

Sep 17, 2009
@RADcatcher will appreciate this. my oldest daughter was a lefty catcher. one year her team batted her leadoff. first at bat, opponent sets up as if she's a slapper. reality is she's an opposite gap hitter. she bounces one off the fence for a double. coach inserts runner for her as catcher. mission accomplished :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish