Purpose of One Hand Drill?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
The girl showed a bat speed of 74.2 mph.............. no way in Gods green earth did that child hit 74 mph. I agree 46 which is a pretty slow swing is more than likely correct.

I get pretty anal about bat speed using a Doppler type radar that the big guy turned me on to a few years back. I only know of 2 females that have hit over 80. And those were spikes not their average. They both avg around 78 on a 10 swing set. At the D1 level A swing speed of 75 mph is pretty rare on a consistent basis.

I would think a batter would get as much good with a tool like a chuck it as something that will cost you 100 bucks online.

Tim

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Bouldersdad ... I tend to agree ... very unlikely that swing was 74+mph. The product may be fine ... but I have to scratch my head and ask "why the need for the deceptive advertising"? That, coupled with some questionable information, and the demonstration of some bad swings, leaves me to wonder if the intent isn't simply to make a buck. Again ... the product may be fine ... but the examples were poor, the information questionable, and the advertising of swing speed deceptive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi