POSTURE – definition – examples – drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I don't think anyone denies that lateral tilt happens.. It's an effect though. Lateral tilt as an action conflicts with swinging down to as an action.
If posture is good and maintained throughout the arc of the swing lateral tilt is an effect

May 12, 2016
I still disagree with the notion of standing tall and chopping down on the ball... posture does change according to pitch location... lateral tilt is a byproduct of good posture as per pitch location. My apologies for the confusion everybody I was getting my terms mixed up

Aug 20, 2017
I still disagree with the notion of standing tall and chopping down on the ball... posture does change according to pitch location... lateral tilt is a byproduct of good posture as per pitch location
I think too many times when discussing hitting mechanics many posters have major league hitters in mind. My DD is 12. I only coach high school and travel ball. I’ve got posture issues everywhere! It’s something that needs to be taught to some

May 12, 2016
Funny how we all perceive things differently. I think of posture as getting the hitter position to stay above the ball, allowing the hands to work down to the ball, this results in the barrel getting behind and through the ball... if posture is maintained. Btw in my previous post when I said the shoulders are level... I mean in relation to the waste.. not the ground

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I think too many times when discussing hitting mechanics many posters have major league hitters in mind. My DD is 12. I only coach high school and travel ball. I’ve got posture issues everywhere! It’s something that needs to be taught to some
An explanation of why the young ones struggle with posture

- EliteBaseball.TV- Little League World Series and Keeping your Eye on the Ball

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I still disagree with the notion of standing tall and chopping down on the ball... posture does change according to pitch location... lateral tilt is a byproduct of good posture as per pitch location. My apologies for the confusion everybody I was getting my terms mixed up

I think the hands and legs are in charge of side bending and forward bend more. I don’t think guys tilt with their torso more or less to get on plane. I think the hands/legs and butt adjust. I don’t think it’s a function of the torso. We can agree to disagree.🙂

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Julray, when you say posture "as per pitch location" is this part of getting leveraged fyb ? IMO the fyb hitting position happens on every pitch and posture will change based on pitch location but not until after a fyb leveraged position is established.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877