Pitching rule question?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Not so fast, Dan...I was wrong for most situations! (I like arguing with myself...)

NSA Rule 6, Section 8, ASA Rule 6, Section 6(A) and USSSA Rule 6, Section 3 say that an illegal pitch is called. There is no mention in any of those rules about ejecting the pitcher.

No doubt they brought in a NCAA Official to call a 10U rec league game....

May 18, 2009
Thank you for the clarification. Next time I see the girl and her father I will let him know what the rule is. My DD befriended his DD at one of the tournaments.

Mar 15, 2011
Why, oh why, lick your fingers anyway? That dirt is viral.

IIRC I saw a study some time back that found that people who avoid germs as a youth are more likely to be sick later on. The idea is that exposure germs when you're younger develops your immune system and makes it stronger. Conversly, kids who are kept away from germs by well meaning but mis-informed parents tend to be sicker later in life as they catch every bug that comes along.

Not saying the study is correct but it does line up with my personal observations over the years.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Why, oh why, lick your fingers anyway? That dirt is viral.

'Viral' as in we had a game this year and a player from opposing team threw up in the
batters box at the pre-game coin flip. My Grandmother always told me
"you have to eat a pound of dirt before you die"

May 18, 2009
'Viral' as in we had a game this year and a player from opposing team threw up in the
batters box at the pre-game coin flip. My Grandmother always told me
"you have to eat a pound of dirt before you die"

We had that going on two weeks ago, multiple players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1