Pitching Mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was never happy with the plastic masks, no facts to backup my opinion.

Get either one of those.

I can go either way on the lighter one but if I had to buy 2, no titannum for you.

Jan 24, 2009

Schutt is pretty good. Used Rip it in the past and it is good as well. Schutt has a much nicer chin pad and the straps accommodate the pony tail better. Lighter? Who cares. It is a non-issue. None of these are 'heavy' at all.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
DD 1 has had a Rip-It for several years and loves it. Same issues with the chin pad falling out. Multiple fixes for this....1. see all the ideas above. 2. Go to Academy and buy a replacement chin guard that velcros the same and is much better 3. Buy a replacement from Rip-it or BOOMBAH.

DD 2 has a BOOMBAH mask and she loves it as well. It is very close to the Rip-it Mask except it comes in many more colors. My DD2 wanted Neon Green with Blue Straps and Chin guard. You can order different colors straps/chins which is pretty fun for the girls. DD1 took DD2 black chin guard from DD2's BOOMBAH mask since she wasn't using it and it has stayed in place much better.

Highly recommend both but if you have many more color options with BOOMBAH and the darn shipping costs....

Apr 2, 2013
More questions-

Can a cap be worn with any of these masks? DD is open to wearing a mask but views her hat as essential.

It doesnt look like the rip-it or schutt ones would work with hats- does anyone know if you can wear one with the Bangerz mask?

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
My DD has had Rip-it, Boombah, and now the Schute. Has liked the Schute the best. Very light and seems very strong and well padded like the Rip-it. IMO the Boombah sits too close to the face and the frame is much more flexible. The flex may not be a bad thing to help disapait the impact but it just seem cheap to me. They do offer a ton of color choices and I feel like they are suitable for younger players.

May 13, 2015

Schutt is pretty good. Used Rip it in the past and it is good as well. Schutt has a much nicer chin pad and the straps accommodate the pony tail better. Lighter? Who cares. It is a non-issue. None of these are 'heavy' at all.

What sunscreen do you have in here?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez