Pitchers Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Thank you all very much. Due to the fact she is still growing like Kudzu, 5'10", 110lbs at 12 1/2 yo, I think I will try the Tuff Toe epoxy. Her last TB team bought the Boombah's and I don't think any players shoes made it without coming apart. I have been wanting to go Ringor, however until she can wear a pair of shoes for more than six months, I think I will wait.

Again, thank you all for your guidance.

Jun 21, 2010
We have Ringors that are due to arrive today. I went with the advice to go 1/2 size bigger and the first pair were too big so we had to exchange them. YMMV. Other than that, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

stv

May 12, 2010
What about the Cleat part of the cleat? My oldest DD was able to hand down a used pair of addidis to my youngest DD who then out grew them. The cleat part still had decent length, grip. We replaced with a high end Nike cleat. Its cleat part was tall and seamed to be of a harder plastic. She new to be careful on hard surfaces for wear and slipping. So no excessive wear other than just playing and practicing softball. She now needs a new pair, due to the cleats being worn down. This, just after Fall season TB last year and Start of this season practicing.
Has any else had this problem? Also does the Ringor cleat part last?

Jul 26, 2010
Make sure your kid has some slip-ons in their bag so when they're walking around they're not in their cleats, and the cleat part will last much longer. Most of the wear here comes from walking on cement, not from the actual game.

-W

Jul 26, 2010
You might be able to get the Nike's resoled, not sure if this is possible or not.

The ringor's seem to be a little softer cleat then the Mizuno's that my 6 year old has (I thought we had some Nike's somewhere so I could compare, but no). The ringors seem to be holding up well, but because they're so expensive I'm always reminding my daughter not to clomp around in them. She uses them 5 days a week, because I'm insane and built a clay/infield cover pitching lane in my backyard so she practices in her cleats. Aside from the putrid odor and some blood stains, they're doing quite well for 6 months old.

-W

Jun 21, 2010
Ringors arrived, this time the right size. :D

The paper that came with it had a transferable coupon code of RPS311 to get 10% off if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877