Pitchers Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Looking for some input from those not selling the cleats. My pitching dd has again worn out another set of cleats, this time in under a month. I am going to take them back, however I am wondering if anyone makes a decent product that wont break my already softball weary wallet. The biggest problem so far is she is going on 13, growing like a week and is wearing men's cleats as that is all that fit's her in the local sports store. I also thought in my Googling I came across an application that was supposed to help with the toe/inseam area. Naturally now I can not find anything. Thanks for the help!

Oct 18, 2009
Ringor makes the best. They will last for years if her feet don't grow anymore. Make sure to order at least a 1/2 size bigger than her typical foot as they run small.

You can also try http://tufftoesports.com/

You can put the toe protection on yourself or have them do it for you. I tried it myself the first time and kind of messed it up as I don't think it lasted as long as it should have. The next time I needed it I just sent it in and they did it much better. It lasted until she outgrew her shoes.

Jul 26, 2010
Ringor are awesome (not the baseline, they're heavy as bricks, but the premium versions are lighter). However, they're expensive.

You can do two things if you don't want to shell out the cash:

- First, work on her technique, she's probably dragging way too hard. If she's digging trenches, she needs to fix that
- Second, you can buy some "tuff toe". It's epoxy that you apply to the shoes, preferably when they're new but you can also apply to used cleats. This will form a tough barrier that will wear down instead of the shoe. It's pretty cheap, less then $10.

-W

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
My DD is in the Ringor camp. She is a bigger girl (5'10" 230) and wears the standard model even though they are heavier.

She tried a couple of other brands (don't remember which ones) and went through the toe in less than a month in each. Ringors will last an entire season and she wears out the metal spikes before the toe even shows any wear.

Dec 10, 2010
A, A
we haven't went Ringor yet, but we did buy a pair of under armor and added a pitching toe. We were in the same boat. I bought Nike cleats with no pitching toe and she had them off her feet in 2 weeks, next pair,,,,made it I think 3. Someone finally told us to go buy a pitching toe. We are new into pitching, so I had never heard of one.

we plan on getting her Ringors next season

Mar 13, 2010
I just got Mizuno Blasts which are amazing cleats. Very light.

I've been given some ice hockey boot stuff as well which our Canadian pitcher swears by. She's had her shoes for two years.

Jan 25, 2011
go to www. boombah.com , my dd has good luck with their cleats , and they are priced right and have lots of colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi