pitchers cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 19, 2013
California
I am sure you already purchased cleats by now, but I wanted to put in my 10 cents about Ringors since others will research this product. Ringor pitching cleats are bulky and almost awkward to wear at first. DD has adjusted to the new cleat style and LOVES them. I certainly wouldn't purchase them midseason and expect her to walk out and pitch! More stability and more cost effective overall since she put holes in the toes of 4 pairs of cheaper cleats last season. My DD has a very high arch and I was happy that these cleats seem to fit just about everyone. She wears an 8.5, I ordered her a 9.5 because she likes her cleats a bit on the large side and I knew they ran small. I worried they were too big, but she loves the way they fit. Worth every penny!!!

Mar 14, 2009
They are not special pitchers toe versions but by design have the whole inner front foot covered.
Mizuno could do itself a sales favor by showing the inner side of the shoe.
Another pitcher dad turned us on to these at an exposure tourney this last summer when the Ringor seam gave away again and DDs shoe started filling with dirt......

My DD has worn Mizuno for 6 years. She used to pitch and play ss, now she is strictly field. They have held up better than any other cleat, 1 pair per season with no tears, split seams etc. Plays 80-90 games a season (not bad in NH). Looked at Ringors and declared them way too heavy and refuses to wear them (her game is speed). She is the only girl on her college team who does not wear Ringors, the coach gets a great team deal.

Dec 7, 2011
My DD has worn Mizuno for 6 years. She used to pitch and play ss, now she is strictly field. They have held up better than any other cleat, 1 pair per season with no tears, split seams etc. Plays 80-90 games a season (not bad in NH). Looked at Ringors and declared them way too heavy and refuses to wear them (her game is speed). She is the only girl on her college team who does not wear Ringors, the coach gets a great team deal.

Ya everything goes in cycles. The rage now is Xeno's and Ringors. Everybody's gotta have them cuz they're new and different.

DD went through two seasons pitching/playing with Ringors and thought she was in love due to durability. We were gonna get a third pair but we were stuck out of town when they self destructed and had to get 'something. A dad of a very big pitcher we knew turned us onto the specific Mizuno with the pitchers toe and DD felt like she had just been unanchored. They lasted a season like the Ring or and she'll never go back unless they figure out how to make the Ringors lighter.

Just our 2 cents....

Oct 2, 2012
If you call Ringor and talk to a rep about a team order the price comes down by $10 a pair. Very easy to work with. A team order doesn't have to be an entire 9 person roster. Could be as few as 6 in my experience. The pitching toe does add $15. Buy 2 pairs of $45 shoes over a season or one pair of Ringors with a toe.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you call Ringor and talk to a rep about a team order the price comes down by $10 a pair. Very easy to work with. A team order doesn't have to be an entire 9 person roster. Could be as few as 6 in my experience. The pitching toe does add $15. Buy 2 pairs of $45 shoes over a season or one pair of Ringors with a toe.

Ringors are expensive and heavy, and while my DD loves hers, if she was not a pitcher she would probably be wearing something else. The best way to get a deal on Ringors is to periodically check their "special offers" tab on their website. I have bought cleats with a pitching toe for as little at $40 in the past.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32